XxElitexX is offline Senior Member

Cardio after weights????

Hey everyone. Just wondering. I am going to start possibly doing cardio after my weights session in the evening. Now, I know that you have that 30 minute "completely anabolic " window where your body needs protein and carbohydrates. I was going to start doing cardio in the morning, and then weights and another cardio session in the evening. My question is, is would I be ridding my body of protein and carbohydrates after my workout is I was to do a 30 minute session of cardio? Would my "anabolic window" start after cardio or after weights? Thanks for all the help.

bump

anyone?

brew035 is offline Associate Member
    Its Best to do it in the morning on an empty stomach. If you cant do that I would Just do it on your days off.
    Doing cardio after weight training is dagerous if you are trying to build muscle. What happens is your cortisol level can become elevated,put you in a catabolic state, whch is the last place you want to be while building muscle. When you are in a catabolic state you body wll start to break down muscle tissue thus slowing down growth or stoping in completely.

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet

Thread Information