Thread: Heart Rate

Beefkake31 is offline Member

Heart Rate

When you guys run and want to be at 60-70% heart rate, how do you know what your bpm is. Do you guys use something to monitor it? I go running in the morning in the outdoors so I have no clue what my heart rate is. What can I do?

Or if you have a treadmill, at what speed from 1-10 is a good speet to set it on for the 45 min run in the morning if I am trying to get to a 65% heart rate?????

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Dunno, I don't run myself.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Dunno, I don't run myself.

~SC~
    So in the cardio thread when you said you do it 7 days a week I guess it meant you don't run. So what kind of cardio do you do?

Anyone else know this one? I am going to buy a treadmill and 60% of my THR is 120-150. What speed should I set it on from 1-10, I plan on doing it every morning for aboug 40-45 min.

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefkake31
    Anyone else know this one? I am going to buy a treadmill and 60% of my THR is 120-150. What speed should I set it on from 1-10, I plan on doing it every morning for aboug 40-45 min.

start at speed 6.

i thought all treadmills have the sensors where you can place your hands on and it will tell you your heart rate.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    dood i have to run like a 13min mile to keep my HR low i like around 60% so im runnin at grade 4.5 and speed 4.8 (i'd rather do 6+ for speed but )
    i feel its harder to jog slow then it is to jog fast... but i guess my HR disaggreess w/ me

MJWKR is offline New Member
    You guys trust those heart rate monitors on the machines? I think they basically work off heat, so if you happen to be wearing say a long sleve shirt or sweats you will be hot and it shows your heart rate as being higher then it actually is?

The reason I ask, is I have a the same question...what do you use to monitor bpm? Do you try and count your pulse pre cardio, then again several minutes after starting cardio, and periodically throughout? I thought about getting a watch with a heart rate monitor on it, but I was told they work on the above principle of heat, and I tend to wear sweats durring cardio....not sure if it would be accurate

TIA

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Buy a Heart Rate Monitor. They have a chest transmitter and come with a watch. They are +/- 1 bpm.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    I perform my cardio at 75% max HR personally, i use the monitor in the ellipticals, they seem to work fine.

Thread Information