Thread: Arm pumps?

general31 is offline Associate Member

Arm pumps?

I find that when I do my tri's and bi's, I get a huge pump for my first 6 or 7 sets and then it is like the pump just deflates. I remember a post Swole Cat responded to a long time ago that said he does 1 set per body part just to get the pump. Is it possible that I am over training? Should I stop when it feels like my arms are going to explode or should I keep going? This happens while I am on and off cycle.

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    Quote Originally Posted by general31
    I find that when I do my tri's and bi's, I get a huge pump for my first 6 or 7 sets and then it is like the pump just deflates. I remember a post Swole Cat responded to a long time ago that said he does 1 set per body part just to get the pump. Is it possible that I am over training? Should I stop when it feels like my arms are going to explode or should I keep going? This happens while I am on and off cycle.

to know if you are overtraining, post your splits and routines.

to keep the pump going during arms, i like to squeeze them (pose) and hold it for a good 10-15secs. keeps pump going through workout.

xfade7 is offline Member
    man when i do biceps i get such a huge pump it feels like my arm is going to explode.. it actually makes me want to stop lol.. so i stretch it out a little and that helps.. i cant get enough tricep pump tho man... whew

i have rather large biceps tho i dont work them as much.. they seem to grow the fastest.

I wish I had a problem with my arms growing too fast.lol

I do my bi's and tri's together, it looks something like this, I switch it up from week to week though.

mon - chest
    tues-legs
    wed-off
    thu-arms
    preacher curl 4 sets all to failure
    conc. hammer curl 4 sets all to failure
    cable curl 3-4 sets all to failure

skull crushers 4 sets failure
    v bar push downs 4 sets failure
    1 arm reverse grip push down 4 sets failure

fri shoulders
    sat off
    sun back

Quote Originally Posted by general31
    preacher curl 4 sets all to failure
    conc. hammer curl 4 sets all to failure
    cable curl 3-4 sets all to failure

skull crushers 4 sets failure
    v bar push downs 4 sets failure
    1 arm reverse grip push down 4 sets failure

looks fine, id say your over training if your doing 15+ reps each time, but if your hitting the 6-12 range you should be chilling.
    its probably (unfortunately) your genetics.

try swolecat's arm routine and you will definately get a pump. it works very well.

I dont have a problem getting the pump, it just seems like it only last half way through the second set. I get a huge pump before that. I have good genetics, I have put 2" on my arms in a little over a year (18 1/2") There not huge but I can gain fast . I am 5' 10" 230 bf is up right now but I got good genetics!

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    You're one of the lucky ones that can get an easy pump. But, the pump is no indication of whether you're adequatley working the muscle or whether you're overtraining. The pump is just blood rushing to the muscle being worked.

Enjoy the pump, but continue to workout as hard as you can (without injury). Go to failure on your work sets.

Overtraining will most likely manifest as prolonged muscle soreness (longer than normal recovery time), irritability, lethargy, and lack of desire to workout, to name a few. Whether or not you get a pump really hasn't much relation to overtraining.
    Last edited by BASK8KACE; 03-03-2005 at 10:16 PM.

Cool, good info Bask8, thanks.

jordanfanatic23 is offline BANNED SCAMMING TRAITOR AKA LIL VITO AKA **TR LIVES 5 MINUTES FROM HIM.
    i get that pump on my forearms anytime i do pretty much anything to do with arms, benching, preacher curls like anything that will remotely work my arms.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Quote Originally Posted by Jantzen4k
    try swolecat's arm routine and you will definately get a pump. it works very well.

Exactly, try it. I have been using it and i am cutting, one hell of an arm workout although it consists of only 3 sets hammer curls, 3 sets of preacher (i think that is what it is)...if you are using the right amount of weight and are truly lifting the weight (not swinging it) going from bottom to top you will be sore as **** from this.

Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    Exactly, try it. I have been using it and i am cutting, one hell of an arm workout although it consists of only 3 sets hammer curls, 3 sets of preacher (i think that is what it is)...if you are using the right amount of weight and are truly lifting the weight (not swinging it) going from bottom to top you will be sore as **** from this.

sore is not the word!!!

Thread Information