PrairieDawg is offline Senior Member

need a new arm routine

does anyone have something unconventional for an arm routine?

everything else is growing but my arms. I need to do something about it. My diet is in check so it must be my routine. I'm open to anything at this point. I was doing 3 minute intervals for awhile but that wasnt doing it either. My arms still get sore as hell but if they're not growing whats the point.

my current routine looks like this;
    I'll pick 2 out of these 3 for bis
    preacher curls, dumbell curls, barbell curls - 4 sets. 30 sec intervals
    And 2 out of these 4 for tris
    close grip bench, overhead dumbell extensions, rope extensions, weighted dips - 4 sets. 30 sec intervals

any suggestions on improving this or trying something different I appreciate.
    Last edited by PrairieDawg; 03-03-2005 at 11:26 PM.

jordanfanatic23 is offline BANNED SCAMMING TRAITOR AKA LIL VITO AKA **TR LIVES 5 MINUTES FROM HIM.
    hammer curls after back with preacher curls, and wide grip on a bar, as heavy as I can go with low reps of course usually do the trick for me.

yea I've had arms on a seperate day from chest and back pretty much for 90% of the time I've lifted. would having a chest/tri and back/bi day make a difference?

jordanfanatic23 is offline BANNED SCAMMING TRAITOR AKA LIL VITO AKA **TR LIVES 5 MINUTES FROM HIM.
    well it depends, I have read swolecat stating he does back and Bi's on the same day which is what I do. But I only do it because if I do back in Bi's in my workout and tri's with chest, I can have more time with my kids because thats one less day in the gym(being a parent requires alllllll the time I can have with my little devil child) but I also think if you have arms on a s eperate day I can lift more because they are not tired from doing another part, you get where im goin at? if a more experienced member can answer this question keep me in mind and PM me I would be interested as well. BTW I have heard when you do back and bi's it does something like loosen up your Bi's ( could be just BS)
    Last edited by jordanfanatic23; 03-03-2005 at 11:46 PM.

brew035 is offline Associate Member
    maybe your bis are growing too. But you cant tell because the rest of you is growing too.
    Here is something you can do for bi
    1. straight bar curls 3 sets all heavy to failure 8,6,4
    2. Hammer curls 3 sets all heavy till failure 8,6,4
    3. Preacher curls straight bar(not the easy-bar) 3 set to failure 8,6,4
    4. Set of 21's with staight bar (just for the pump)

Try this for tris. keep it heavy.
    1. Skull crushers super set w/close grip bench 8,6,4 (do both till failure) ask 4 spot
    2. Rope extensions 8,6,4
    3. overhead dumbell extensions 8,6,4 ask 4 spot you dont want to put an eye out.
    4. Dips with no weight.3 set till failure Stay more straight on dips to focus more on you tricepts. If you lean to far forwards it will work your chest to much.

Dont overtrain if you have to take off the last workout on each muscle group. Good luck. Hope it helps

o yeah wait 2 to 3 min inbetween each set!! and its 3 seconds on the way down an 2 on the way up!!
    Last edited by brew035; 03-03-2005 at 11:46 PM.

OR

If you already doing low reps, hammer em with high reps.....4x14 etc.....with 45 secs or so of rest.....

Quote Originally Posted by MrMondodondo
    OR

If you already doing low reps, hammer em with high reps.....4x14 etc.....with 45 secs or so of rest.....
    yep.

Quote Originally Posted by brew035
    maybe your bis are growing too. But you cant tell because the rest of you is growing too.
    Here is something you can do for bi
    1. straight bar curls 3 sets all heavy to failure 8,6,4
    2. Hammer curls 3 sets all heavy till failure 8,6,4
    3. Preacher curls straight bar(not the easy-bar) 3 set to failure 8,6,4
    4. Set of 21's with staight bar (just for the pump)

Try this for tris. keep it heavy.
    1. Skull crushers super set w/close grip bench 8,6,4 (do both till failure) ask 4 spot
    2. Rope extensions 8,6,4
    3. overhead dumbell extensions 8,6,4 ask 4 spot you dont want to put an eye out.
    4. Dips with no weight.3 set till failure Stay more straight on dips to focus more on you tricepts. If you lean to far forwards it will work your chest to much.

Dont overtrain if you have to take off the last workout on each muscle group. Good luck. Hope it helps

o yeah wait 2 to 3 min inbetween each set!! and its 3 seconds on the way down an 2 on the way up!!
    cool I'll give it a go tomorrow, but...
    Should I be increasing the weight with each set? (with 30 sec intervals I just start heavy and go to failure on each set, which is usually 8, 4, 2)
    whats a "21" with a straight bar?

Quote Originally Posted by MrMondodondo
    OR

how long should you do that for? a few weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDawg
    cool I'll give it a go tomorrow, but...
    Should I be increasing the weight with each set? (with 30 sec intervals I just start heavy and go to failure on each set, which is usually 8, 4, 2)
    whats a "21" with a straight bar?
    Yes increase the weight sorry I should have wrote that down.

21's- grab the bar at shoulder width. curl it half way for 7 reps (bottom half), then curl the top half 7 reps half way down, then do the full range of motion for 7 reps. Dont lose form.

Check you ego at the door. Your muscle doesnt now how much the weight is only you do. So as long as you get a good workout then dont worry about the weight. Im not saying dont go heavy im just saying dont lose your form.

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    Quote Originally Posted by brew035
    Yes increase the weight sorry I should have wrote that down.

21's- grab the bar at shoulder width. curl it half way for 7 reps (bottom half), then curl the top half 7 reps half way down, then do the full range of motion for 7 reps. Dont lose form.

Check you ego at the door. Your muscle doesnt now how much the weight is only you do. So as long as you get a good workout then dont worry about the weight. Im not saying dont go heavy im just saying dont lose your form.

21's give me a great pump

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jantzen4k
    21's give me a great pump
    They are a great burnout exercise, but not something I would be incorporating as a mass builder if my arms were lagging!

If your using low reps, super heavy and they aren't growing, then try higher rep ranges, and vice versa.

I find after I do back, i do 6-8 sets of biceps(depending on how they feel).

All are compound exercises, with maybe 1 burnout like 21's at the very end, just for the pump!

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    I am old school thought on this. Do both tri's/bi's same workout nothing else with High Volume cycle through every type of exercise. Many sets but not reps <12. Inbetween some sets sit down on a bench a do a type of concentration curl no weight just your hand. Squeez and pump your fist(like you are getting ready to give blood) and perform iso-tension techniques evan if you get crazy stares like I do. I do this everytime. Do not work them again for 5-8 days.

Thread Information