Thread: Training Split

Beefkake31 is offline Member

Training Split

1. CHEST + FOREARMS
    2. SHOULDERS + CALVES
    3. BACK + BICEPS
    4. TRICEPS + ABS
    5. QUADS + HAMS

I have thought this through and I believe in my opinion is the best way to go.
    The forearms I am going to be doing at night with those grippers not going to really emphasize it too much. I believe the legs should be split since the quads, hams, and calves are all big muscles and should be split. The triceps is split at least 3 days apart from the chest and shoulder since that is the main problem with people working out. Their triceps are sometimes too sore for chest day or shoulder day for presses. And ABS I think they should be hit real hard once a week.

EDIT... forgot to mention it will be 5 on 2 off mon-fri

So what do you guys think?
    Last edited by Beefkake31; 03-04-2005 at 03:28 AM.

BDTR is offline Retired
    I'd move the shoulders a day foward and the back a day back.

Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    Hey B, my reasoning for this was on Monday when I do chest my triceps will be slightly stimulated then on tuesday when I do shoulders on the presses, my triceps will again be stimulated slightly. So for this, I think one day off on the tri's to do back and bi's will rest it enough because it was only slightly stimulated and I would do the tri's on Thursday. If I did this the other way around, let say triceps on monday, then my chest workout will not be optimal nor my shoulder presses.

That is the main reason I didn't move the shoulders a day foward and the back a day back. Because after shoulders would come triceps and my tri's will be a little stimulated and slightly sore from shoulders the day before and I would not have an optimal tricep workout, that is why I put chest and shoulders first since they both stimulate the triceps a little and then back and bi's for one full day rest of the tri's before I hit them next. The triceps is the main thing I was trying to work around when I wrote this. I don't know maybe I am being a bit too overly cautious and careful.

What was your reasoning for moving the shoulders a day foward and the back a day back. I would really want to hear your suggestion.

BDTR is offline Retired
    I can't do shoulders after chest, my shoulders are already sore from incline pressing and flat bench. Meaning I can't give 100% if my shoulders are already trying to heal from the prior workout.

brew035 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefkake31
    1. CHEST + FOREARMS
    2. SHOULDERS + CALVES
    3. BACK + BICEPS
    4. TRICEPS + ABS
    5. QUADS + HAMS

I have thought this through and I believe in my opinion is the best way to go.
    The forearms I am going to be doing at night with those grippers not going to really emphasize it too much. I believe the legs should be split since the quads, hams, and calves are all big muscles and should be split. The triceps is split at least 3 days apart from the chest and shoulder since that is the main problem with people working out. Their triceps are sometimes too sore for chest day or shoulder day for presses. And ABS I think they should be hit real hard once a week.

EDIT... forgot to mention it will be 5 on 2 off mon-fri

So what do you guys think?
    I think you should do this.
    1.Chest/Tri
    2.Quad/Ham/Calves- After all of your leg workouts your calves should be ready for a good workout just hit em heavy for like 6 sets
    3.Off
    4.Back/Bi/forearms- If you do hammer curls you should get enough of a workout on the forearms. But if not do em at home this same day
    5.Shoulders/Abs
    6.Off or cardio -If you dont want to do calves and forearms on day 2 and 4 you can do them on this day
    7.Off or cardio

What do you think? Its JMO so take what you want from it.

Quote Originally Posted by brew035
    I think you should do this.
    1.Chest/Tri
    2.Quad/Ham/Calves- After all of your leg workouts your calves should be ready for a good workout just hit em heavy for like 6 sets
    3.Off
    4.Back/Bi/forearms- If you do hammer curls you should get enough of a workout on the forearms. But if not do em at home this same day
    5.Shoulders/Abs
    6.Off or cardio -If you dont want to do calves and forearms on day 2 and 4 you can do them on this day
    7.Off or cardio

What do you think? Its JMO so take what you want from it.
    See my problem with this is
    1. Chest and Tri's are both fairly big body groups and I wouldn't want to do them both in one workout as I feel I won't have an optimal workout for triceps. And You don't even want to think about doing triceps and then chest, now that would be funny .
    2. The whole leg workout thing is what I used to do but I don't feel my calves at all during my squats and maybe 5% during less press, and don't forget there leg extentions , hamsring curls, etc. All this is a good 50-60 min workout for your quads and hams already. And I believe that is a good time to throw in the towel. If my calves were being worked fairly well though I would just do my calves then also too. But they don't so I would prefer to Isolate those and do them at about 9 sets along with shoulders.
    4. I agree with you on this one

Anyway 1. and 2. are my reasons why I wouldn't want to do it this way.

brew035 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefkake31
    See my problem with this is
    1. Chest and Tri's are both fairly big body groups and I wouldn't want to do them both in one workout as I feel I won't have an optimal workout for triceps. And You don't even want to think about doing triceps and then chest, now that would be funny
    2. The whole leg workout thing is what I used to do but I don't feel my calves at all during my squats and maybe 5% during less press, and don't forget there leg extentions , hamsring curls, etc. All this is a good 50-60 min workout for your quads and hams already. And I believe that is a good time to throw in the towel. If my calves were being worked fairly well though I would just do my calves then also too. But they don't so I would prefer to Isolate those and do them at about 9 sets along with shoulders.
    4. I agree with you on this one

Anyway 1. and 2. are my reasons why I wouldn't want to do it this way.
    1. Chest/Tris when you are working out your chest you are also working out your tris. Its just like Back/Bi. You are just warming up your tris for a good workout. Just dont overtrain your tris. Hit like 4 to 5 set really heavy. And your tris will be hurtin like a mofo.
    2. Move calves with shoulders then but it doesnt give you much of a break before doing legs again in 2 or 3 days.

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    Quote Originally Posted by bdtr

yeah!

Thread Information