Learned a killer way to get your lats growing faster

This has worked awesome for me the past 4 or 5 back workouts. Start with wide grip pullups, but before you start the actual pullups do 4 sets where all you do is hang from the bar with a wide grip. Try to count in your head up to a minute if you can for each set, just hang there stretching the lats,thats all you need to do. Now, do 3-4 more sets where you start hanging for a count of 20-30 seconds then in that same set execute your pull ups. For those who can't get thier lats sore, just try these and I can almost guarantee they'll shock them into growth. A buddy of mine told me that Lee Haney used to do these alot. I do those, followed up by 4 sets of a heavy rowing movement and 3 sets of reverse pec deck rear delt raises, the next day I will just hit out deadlifts and shrugs generally, I like to split back into upper and lower back on sep days. Figured this may help some of you trying to build your back wider.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    I do something simular using the cable cross over machine. I stack both sides to the max adding 2 extra plates and using the upper D handles grab each. Then I lower my body and stretches the lats pretty good. I am the only one who does it in the gym always getting wierd looks, oh well...

Malvino is offline New Member
    i also heard if you tuck your elbows inside really sharply at the end of your pull, but maybe this is already well known?

Anabolica is offline Associate Member
    I do a simuler thing at the end of my back workout. I do lat pulls on a lat pulldown station.
    Load it upp with a couple of big plates,pull down slightly so that all the tension is on the lats and hold for as long as possible. 3 sets of those with one long burning rep is all you need to finish off your back workout. works great for me

BULKING_N is offline Junior Member
    Very interesting. Thanks for that guys. I was now searching for lat growth and I came upon this. Will definietly give it a go too.

mudslinger is offline New Member
    Thanks for the info people, I love when my lats are sore, great suggestions. can't wait to try them.

Thread Information