Thread: bicep question

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion

bicep question

you guys ever try/do/like this workout?

doing dumbell curls with moderate weight, you hold weight that your not doing reps with at 90 degrees (half way between full contraction and full extension) then alternate with other hand.

ie 10 curls on left hand while right is at 90degrees then 10 curls on right hand with left at 90 degrees.

i read it in a mens health magazine, tried a few times and felt decent and had a decent pump. just wondering what your thoughts are on it (SC)???

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I dont think it would do much but give you a pump. All you are doing is holding the weight in a static contraction which is not doing ****. That like staying in a push up position and thinking you are actually going to build some muscle. Eventually you going to get a pump from lying there but you are not going to be doing much some stimulating the cast amount of fibers.

I find that those magazines are pretty much garbage like People Magazine.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    What you are describing is called ISOMETRIC exercises. It does have its purpose not for mass muscle building but to shock CNS which in turn may do good such as overcoming plateaus.

brew035 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jantzen4k
    you guys ever try/do/like this workout?

doing dumbell curls with moderate weight, you hold weight that your not doing reps with at 90 degrees (half way between full contraction and full extension) then alternate with other hand.

ie 10 curls on left hand while right is at 90degrees then 10 curls on right hand with left at 90 degrees.

i read it in a mens health magazine, tried a few times and felt decent and had a decent pump. just wondering what your thoughts are on it (SC)???
    Its almost like a negative then. Never done it Ill try it and see how I like it and get back with ya.

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by brew035
    Its almost like a negative then. Never done it Ill try it and see how I like it and get back with ya.
    no it is not like the ecentric phase. He is not moving his arm, it is staying stationary while the other one is curing.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

brew035 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by abstrack
    no it is not like the ecentric phase. He is not moving his arm, it is staying stationary while the other one is curing.
    Yeah I dont know what i was talking about I must have read something wrong. I can be a jackass sometimes SORRY.

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    Quote Originally Posted by brew035
    Yeah I dont know what i was talking about I must have read something wrong. I can be a jackass sometimes SORRY.

doesnt matter im not doing them anymore.

Thread Information