clubbinkid is offline Associate Member

Cardio Yes or NO

dam im gettin so fusterated with this topic here we go

i read this book chris acetos guide to championship BB and he says cardio is overated use it as an aide let ur diet do the work and bring your cardio in as when u peak or platue.....then i talked to a trainer i no and he was all about this theory best wato preserve muscle and look ur biggest

And on this board i here cardio is the way to go good 4 the heart and u will benefit in all stages i here

i have been doing none and relaying on strict diet and i can shred down even without it and bring it when i feel im peaking but will i make greater gains with this in my plan

65-70% max target HR 45min morning on empty tank

lets here it
    Last edited by clubbinkid; 03-02-2005 at 06:33 PM.

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Cardio is great for your heart, and fat loss. Low-intensity cardio in the AM works wonders for me. Diet is the key, but cardio will certainly help you along.

Aboot is offline Banned
    You'll always hit a plateau with just diet. Depending on your goals, you can down to a regular level of body fat without cardio, but by no means can you get ripped.

so ur saying my theory will not cut me up

Aboot is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by clubbinkid
    so ur saying my theory will not cut me up
    Well I can't really decipher what you meant in your first post when you said:

"i have been doing none and relaying on strict diet and i can shred down even without it and bring it when i feel im peaking but will i make greater gains with this in my plan"

Can you explain that a bit clearer? However, I do believe that you can lose body fat with just a strict diet. However, I also believe that you will not be able to reduce it to your minimum levels without cardio.

Using cadio is the most efficient way to lose body fat and maintain muscle mass.

here we go sorry 4 sayin it in giburish...lol here we go

ill start my cutter watch my weight and bf strict ass diet as i feel im am at platues and not burning bring my cardio in 3x a week t stimulte fat loos and i c this peak i will ad more cardio in till i fiannly get up to 7 days

cuz from what i here cardio has no muscle building purpose so u can easily tear ur muscle down and to look tomed u want to preserve all the mass u can with a low bf

Aboot is offline Banned

ill start my cutter watch my weight and bf strict ass diet as i feel im am at platues and not burning bring my cardio in 3x a week t stimulte fat loos and i c this peak i will ad more cardio in till i fiannly get up to 7 days

cuz from what i here cardio has no muscle building purpose so u can easily tear ur muscle down and to look tomed u want to preserve all the mass u can with a low bf
    Yeah, you can do that. Although, if your worry is about losing muscle mass, as long as you maintain you heart rate in the target zone there should be no worries about this. Plus, you'll see results quicker.

But you are the one that knows what is working best, and can see the results. So if it works keep doing it and adjust as necessary.

well 2 tell you the truth my prob is ill get going great then have a ****y week of eating so then i feel i have to start the whole process is ova and then never get into that cardio stage ...................im going good now and hope i can keep goin thanks 4 the input

but i feel like i can get shredded without the cardio then when i bring it results just come like crazy

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I use cardio not only as a means to lean out, but to also aid in muscular recovery, heart health, and endurance.

Can't pose/take pics/compete/lift/pimp if you're dead.

Those who believe cardio is catabolic to the point that none should be done while trying to cut up, don't know how to eat correctly to support a positive nitrogen balance.

~SC~

bigbodyjosh is offline Member
    Thats great SC. I never did cardio, started off at 20min a day PWO and increased weekly by 5min. Now i do an hour a day on GH and AS and i've never looked as good in my life.

carbs-rule is offline Associate Member

Huh? What? Where? 7 days of cardio per week?

Yup, I'm currently doing it 7 days per week as we speak.

Sometimes double sessions too!

~SC~

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat

Can't pose/take pics/compete/lift/pimp if you're dead.

hillarious

ok i see im getting tore apart here but i think that good cuz thats why i am on the board to get info so whats a proposed plan 4 cardio while bulking and leaning out

as also swole said endurance i am currenty doing HIT(love It) and the cardio might give me more endurance to make better gains just a thought cuz that hit is like cardio in itself

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Not doing cardio while cutting is like Elton John thumbing through a Hustler, it just does'nt make any sense.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    ok i see im getting tore apart here but i think that good cuz thats why i am on the board to get info so whats a proposed plan 4 cardio while bulking and leaning out

as also swole said endurance i am currenty doing HIT(love It) and the cardio might give me more endurance to make better gains just a thought cuz that hit is like cardio in itself

While bulking i would do cardio 2-3x a week just to keep fat gain to a minimum, but if cutting cardio should be 5-7 days a week.

OldSchoolLifter is offline Junior Member
    Cardio has always worked great for me in the past to really get cut out and build up the ol' ticker.

Def not doing any is pointless.

The question I have is can I do it after I workout if I have no other time to do it during the day? I get scared though cause everyone makes it out to be counterproductive because I should be taking my protein in then.

Mixing aerobics and anaerobics will never be as productive as the two being apart.

It just never will.

~SC~

Thread Information