MASTER is offline "I Own You"

Drop sets rule!!

Recently Ive been doing a hardcore and i mean hardcore drop set as my final set for the main exercise of each body part. Eg ive done it for bench, military press, bicep curls, tricep extensions, squats and rows. Its been making me sore like never before. In case you don't know what im talking about, ill explain. I will use bench as an example, ive been doin a couple of warm up sets as usual, then 2 working sets and then the drop set. For the drop set, start with as high a weight you can usually do for 8-10 reps and rep it to you fail, then immediately rip 10kg off the bar and again rep to failure, do this until you have just the bar left which will be your final set. Obvs a spotter is needed for this, to allow you to fail on every part of the drop set. Ive been gaining like never before using this technique, and the soreness the next day is nearly untolerable. You will need to take a good 4 or 5 days to recover from one of these workouts, otherwise you will certainly be overtraining.

brew035 is offline Associate Member
    I wouldnt do this for to long of a period it might start to have reverse effects. just maybe for a few weeks then try some thing else. JMO

I just started doin drop sets my self on traps. They are badass to do to jumpstart the muscle. But like I said Shouldnt do it for a long period of time.

Sometimes I do that, but only after my last set. i hate when i train with someone, and theyre like "i'm just gonna do a drop set." That is the classic slacker saying.

Thread Information