Thread: dorian style

white legend is offline New Member

dorian style

ay guys why does it seem like dorian was the only guy for whom HIT actually worked? how come it doesn't seem to work for anyone else?

AustrianOAK14 is offline Senior Member
    dorian yates was one of a kind bro

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Not a "Steroid Question" so this thread is moved...

Their are soooo many techniques to be used. What works and what doesn't depends on your training experience, current conditioning, goals and muscle fiber make up. HIT, GVT, EDT, Holistic, 5X5 - so many ways. And variety will keep you motivated and seeing results.

musclehead1 is offline Member
    wat is HIT style?

hexadec is offline Junior Member
    I don't think Dorian always trained exclusively HIT, especially when he begun. I recall that from somewhere.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    His one-two set is only possible for advance stage where your mental,strength is your highest. During the early 80's he trained mostly high volume which was very common back then. He started incorporating Mike Mentzers" Heavy Duty" methods of heavy,less volume,increase intensity. He also started using rest-pause,forced reps & negatives and he won the 1992 O. Realize he did do warm up sets of 3 before is max 1RM with the highest intensity possible. I'm sure genetics plays a role here too.

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    Quote Originally Posted by bluethunder
    His one-two set is only possible for advance stage where your mental,strength is your highest. During the early 80's he trained mostly high volume which was very common back then. He started incorporating Mike Mentzers" Heavy Duty" methods of heavy,less volume,increase intensity. He also started using rest-pause,forced reps & negatives and he won the 1992 O. Realize he did do warm up sets of 3 before is max 1RM with the highest intensity possible. I'm sure genetics plays a role here too.
    And gear...

syncere is offline New Member
    hey, is hit and dc style. pretty much the same!
    the basics are very much alike.

drdeath613 is offline Senior Member
    the reason it dont work for anyone else but him is cuz your not like him the guy killed him self everytime he worked out its part of the reason he quit the man is un human the pain he took would kill most of us

http://www.mikementzer.com/
    has a lot of info on HIT. It worked for a lot of guys (myself included).
    I used to train with Ray Mentzer in the 80's. I grew substantially using HIT.
    It has to be followed fairly precisely and you NEED a partner IMO.
    It is definately hard on the body tho. Gains are great but you actually get the best results from cycling the workout in a 10 or 12 week intensity cycle and then taking a week or 2 off. Then starting again and building intesity over the weeks.
    Yes you do have to have some masochistic machinations as well ......

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    i use dc which seems to have very simalar principals to hit. i am very pleased with the gains and i have been in the game a while. and you dont NEED a partner. just grab a random spotter like i do. just make sure you grab somone who actually looks like a weightlifter and not some twit and explain to him how you want to be spotted. truth is, i train at my best when i am alone. i dont like training with friends.

NEED was just my opinion from experience. With HIT the forced reps and negatives are extremely important and it gets old educating "spotters" on the correct spot technique for this style. Again, just my opinion from doing the work-out.
    The gains are awesome tho...............

Anabolica is offline Associate Member
    from what i've read dorian trained like allot of us, obviosly 100 times more intencely and with so much weight the mind boggles.

he used heavy weights doing low sets and reps. thats what gave him his massively thick ,dence and rugged phisyque

Thread Information