Manson is offline Junior Member

Muscle injury... any workout option???

hey bros
    i've been lifting and dieting for a few months and im out of the gym for a few weeks, well not totally out of the gym, i've been doing cardio 4 times a week, legs once a week and swiming about twice a week. I think i stressed some chest muscles, i did a chest workout on a monday and tuesday i had a hard fight on the jiu-jitsu practice, it used to really hurt to push anything over my chest and any kind of lats exercice, it feels a lot better now but still fell like the pain is there. I wanted to ask if i should let it rest until i dont feel anything or should i start workout as usual but using light weights?
    Thanks

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    lifting while your chest is sore will only hinder your recovery or create more injury. id wait till its not hurting anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Jantzen4k
    lifting while your chest is sore will only hinder your recovery or create more injury. id wait till its not hurting anymore.
    Sounds like he's talking about something more severe than normal soreness? If thats the case, 100% wait till you are better before lifting.

for sure its not soreness.... it wouldnt last 3 weeks...
    thanks for the opinions

brew035 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa Pump
    Sounds like he's talking about something more severe than normal soreness? If thats the case, 100% wait till you are better before lifting.
    yep let it heal. Working it out will will only tear ir down more. But after the pain goes away You should go light for at least the first few workouts. Just make sure you injury is gone befor heavy weight.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    If the pain is at the bottom of your chest/top of the ribcage see a physio asap. Tears. strains and pulls in this region are an extremely common (and often long lasting) grappling injury.

Quote Originally Posted by chicamahomico
    If the pain is at the bottom of your chest/top of the ribcage see a physio asap. Tears. strains and pulls in this region are an extremely common (and often long lasting) grappling injury.
    yep, thats where it hurts, its sentitive from the bottom towards the midle to the pecs of my chest on the right side. i thought in going to see a doctor but i feels a little better everyday so i didnt want to waste the money.
    thanks

Thread Information