Thread: Leg weights

bRKBEATz is offline Junior Member

Leg weights

A friend of mine started wearing a weight strapped around his ankle every day. Over the past few months his legs have gotten quite a bit bigger and he can jump much higher. He never goes to the gym, so I don't know if he can life more, but he can dunk now and couldn't come close before he started wearing the weights. I wouldn't have thought that this would get good results because he isn't allowing the muscle to rest, and also because the amount of weight is rather low (I think 5-10 lbs per leg). However, it has worked for him, he's gained quite a bit of mass on his legs.

I guess I just want to know if this is a good idea for building mass or if his body is just responding to it differently than most people's would. If it works, it seems like a great way to get a work out while I'm at the office every day.

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    if you are talking about those velcro things then yes they work. i do not know if it is a good idea to use for building mass but i used them back in highschool and they worked pretty well like it did for your friend. i dont my squat went up that much, but if your goal is bodybuilding/building mass and strength id stick to good ole barbell squats

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    they kill me knees

Aristides is offline New Member
    his results might different then the average lifter since he doesnt subject his legs to resistance normally. but it could also work legs in a way we dont usually. couldnt hurt to try since it doesnt take much effort.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    i've got a pair of 10 lbers.. maybe i'll throw them on and see if my calves respond. I walk about 2 miles every day thanks to the length of my campus..

He wore them every day, I'm thinking it would be better to give the legs time to rest. Maybe once every 3 days? Do you guys agree?

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    Quote Originally Posted by bRKBEATz
    He wore them every day, I'm thinking it would be better to give the legs time to rest. Maybe once every 3 days? Do you guys agree?

start with every other day and see how you feel

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude-Man
    i've got a pair of 10 lbers.. maybe i'll throw them on and see if my calves respond. I walk about 2 miles every day thanks to the length of my campus..
    Holy Hell 10lbrs?! my god 5lbs raped my knees .. Props to your knees if they kan withstand it

I forget the exact amount I just estimated 5-10 lbs.

Thread Information