justin2305 is offline Senior Member

Exclamation knee is killing me please help?!?

man guys my knee has been killing me lately and normally it does this off and on ill do my best to explain aight well its a sharp pain right in the front of my knee cap like right almost smack dab in the center of my knee cap and it hurts bad to keep it bent but its fine with my leg is straight, one of my friends ran track and he said that he had almost the exact same thing and they said it was a slight case of tendinitous(however thats spelled) in it so i have no clue what to do i dont think its bad enough to go to a doc ive had worse without seeing a doc and was fine, if it gets worse i will but for now i just wanna see what i can do for it if yall would help and through me some info. on this if u no that would be great thanks

BigTex_z28 is offline New Member
    i ran track for years and football too. Ice it every day for week (10 minutes on, 10 minutes off, for about an hour or so) and take anti-inflamantory [advil] meds. IT should start helping in a week or so.
    You don't want to keep your tendon inflamed.
    Don't run, or lift anything until NO pain.

Aristides is offline New Member
    tore my acl right before leg day in november and i'm still depressed. If you dont wanna wait till no pain then get a professional opinion before working through it if its that important to ya. You might wanna schedule an doctors visit and just cancel if it starts getting better to save time.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Get looked at.

This coming from someone who ruptured BOTH patellar tendons at the SAME time.

Get looked at.

~SC~

brew035 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTex_z28
    i ran track for years and football too. Ice it every day for week (10 minutes on, 10 minutes off, for about an hour or so) and take anti-inflamantory [advil] meds. IT should start helping in a week or so.
    You don't want to keep your tendon inflamed.
    Don't run, or lift anything until NO pain.
    This is what I had to do but also I hand to do cold-hot treatment. Its where you will keep it in cold wirlpool for 10 min, then put it in the hot wirlpool(or a hot tub), Then back to the cold. What it does is makes the tendions contract and expand then contract again thusfor strengthening the tendion. But this was also a plan the doctor told me to do. You should see a few diff. doctors get second opinions **** even thirds. Just make sure that you do some kind of rehab to it or it will never heal right.

DaGCHILD is offline Junior Member
    Ya I tore my ACL last year, not a good thing... kneecap pain is sometimes assocaited with runners knee.....you might have that problem, hows ur IT band? Get it checked out for sure...

Thread Information