DaGCHILD is offline Junior Member

Chest- Tri, Please help!

Hey I'm new on this site and need some help.

My current workout that I have been trying to do for about a month now is this

Mon-Chest
    Tues-Back/bi
    Wed-shoulder/calves
    Thur-tris/abs
    Fri-quads/hams
    Sat-off
    Sun-off

Now my question is this. My problem is that my triceps get reallllly sore after my Mon Chest workout and do not recover by Thursday. As a result, I am still sore on Thur and cannot get a good Tricep workout. Now is this because I have only been working out for a month after a long layoff? Or should I consider doing My tricpes with my Chest on Mon? I have been taking glutamin and amino acids as well.

Also, one last question, i did an insane back and bi workout on tuesday, and it is now Thur night, but my Biceps for the first time are not even sore, at allll. Any explanations on this? Any advice is appreciated, Thanks...

Your tris shouldn't get that sore from a chest workout. My guess is that your either doing the excersises wrong or using to much tricep to push the weight up.

What is your current chest routine?

Beefkake31 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YounG_SluG11
    Your tris shouldn't get that sore from a chest workout. My guess is that your either doing the excersises wrong or using to much tricep to push the weight up.

What is your current chest routine?
    I agree, my triceps don't get sore from doing chest although I can get my biceps sore from a heavy back workout.

i usually do 4 sets of flat BB
    then 4 sets Incline BB
    4 sets of Flys
    3-4 sets of some Hammer press
    usually 10-8-6, 6

Maybe try gripping your hands farther apart on the bar. That should help take some of the weight off your tris.

another thing, my chest gets a veryyy good workout so i must be doing somethin right no? I think i maybe doing something wrong in the incline BB...that seems to work my tris alot...

thanks, Ill try that out and see if it helps, but if I am still pretty sore when it comes to Tricep day, should i consider just doing tri's with chest?

Quote Originally Posted by DaGCHILD
    thanks, Ill try that out and see if it helps, but if I am still pretty sore when it comes to Tricep day, should i consider just doing tri's with chest?
    If your tris get worked that hard on chest day, you'll find it very hard to do this.

true, hey thanks for all the help, I guess im just confused on the whole Back/ bi concept, when doing a hard back workout, i just finish up with some direct bi workouts, so i was thinking since my tri's get so worked during chest, cant i apply the same rules of back/bi and just finish up my tri's since they are already stimualted?

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    are you getting enough protein and carbs in your diet so that your muscles are healing?

yeah I'm taking isopure protein both powder and shakes, and also glutamin powder and amino acid pills...i just dont get it....i was lookin into what Swoles was saying on just doing a good intense 6 set workout after chest on tris, and same for back and bi, what do you think? Im just really confused on whether I should split by chest and tri or do them together, thanks for your help

xenithon is offline Member
    It's personal preference. Both ways yield results for different people. The best thing is to switch it up once in a while. So if you were doing chest/tris back/bis, switch to chest/bis back/tris for a while. You will find that they should respond positively, and once you hit another plateau in a few months you can go back. There are NO steadfast rules on what to train together - hell some people train quads and bis with fantastic results!

Thread Information