Thread: my program,

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist

my program,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The repartition range in this routine will be 6-15
    13-15 loading phase, 6-8 growth phase,
    Sets during loading phase, 3-4 per excise Sets during growth phase, 2-3 per excise
    Big muscle groups 4 exercises, small muscle groups 3 exercises.
    Days i train 5
    The sets of each exercise for three weeks only should be between 12-15 repetitions each. In my opinion it is around three to four weeks when the body will start to adapt to what you are doing therefore you will find it hard to keep gaining in muscle size. performing so many repetitions provides you with a great pump blood rushing into the muscle which is a good thing since along with the blood are nutrients that nourish the muscle cells and help them recover and rebuild bigger much faster. Performing this amount of repetitions will help build up your resistance to lower volume type work of 6-8 reps. Using this repetition range of 13-15 reps with along side another three weeks of lower volume but higher intensity (6-8 repetitions) will give you a double muscle growth affect over six weeks. as soon as you have adapted to13-15 reps you then do three weeks of 6-8 reps combating adaptation. we will call these two stages13-15 the loading phase and the 6-8 reps the growth phase. It is because of the loading phase your body will now be a lot more conditioned. Your tolerance will be a lot higher to weight training because of the higher repetitions and sorter rest period throughout the loading phase. your body will build up an almost amenity so, when you go to the growth phase it’s a new stimulant, and you wont believe the strength you’ve gained. When you try it out and you will not be disappointed I certainly wasn’t. The first cycle I done first week of the growth phase I was warming up with 40kg on bicep curls, 40kg couldn’t believe it. Don’t let the loading phase put you of with the high reps, this is just temporary this will prepare you for the growth phase besides it keeps your body fat in check along with the short rest periods (coming up)

Cycling rest between sets
    The rest between sets should be kept to a minimum 60-90 seconds or shorter during the loading phase. Keeping your rest time in between sets and exercises to a minimum not only allows you to perform a good amount of work within the 60 minute training window (I will come to this next) but it also helps improve your cardiovascular system and most importantly maximizes the output of growth hormone , the powerful fat burning, muscle building hormone. Also some new studies I’ve researched suggested that this range may promote a muscle voluminizing effect in which water goes inside the muscle cells (not outside) and makes the muscles look more firm and bigger. Do not confuse this with water retention outside of the muscle cells, which is what makes us look puffy and fat. I am not a fan of using such short rests between sets over a long period i.e. any longer than three weeks. When it comes to the growth phase you can rest for longer during sets 3-4 minuets this is because the stimulus is now heavy weights geared towards more muscle growth enjoy.

Train no longer than an hour
    The maximum amount of time a weight training session should last is 60 minutes. After 60 minutes the levels of muscle building and fat burning hormones like growth hormone and testosterone start to drop. Also, the glycogen in your system, which is the fuel that your muscles use to contract, has been depleted. What this means is that training for any more than 60 minutes will actually be a waste of your time since you will no longer have the hormones or the fuel necessary to produce muscle growth. Continue to train past 60 minutes and you will get impaired recovery which leads to overtraining. with this routine you will not overtrain. you will be training five days a week but for no longer than one hour and with low sets. To minimize body parts overlapping you will see that biceps is a few days away from back, and triceps are away from chest and shoulders. in my opinion the easiest place to overlap body parts during training is chest and shoulders. The anterior head of the deltoids gets massive stimulation during flat and incline pressing movements so training shoulders on an additional day will stress the shoulders even more leading to overtraining.

Lose or Maintain fat with the loading phase
    The loading phase is ideal for maintaining or loosing body fat while bulking because of the shorter rests and higher frequency of training. So if you put on a few pounds of body fat during the growth phase your next loading phase will help you bring it of again. Since this is only for three weeks it wont stop you from bulking.

The Loading Phase
    During the loading phase the body is stressed with an increasing high volume of work During this phase, three things will happen:
    1) The growth hormone output goes through the roof due to the short rest interval between sets and the high volume.
    2) Hypertrophy occurs (muscle growth)
    3) The body’s recuperation capabilities are upgraded in response to the stress imposed by the increasing volume of work coupled with short rest intervals.

The Growth Phase
    During the Growth Phase the body is not stressed by volume. This time, the stimulant for growth is heavy weights. If this phase would be kept for too long eventually the body would stop making strength and muscle gains because of adaptation and you would soon hit muscle failure. This is the reason why we always need to go back to a Loading Phase. During this phase the following three things will happen
    1) The testosterone levels go through the roof in response to the longer rest in between sets and the heavier weights.
    2) Hypertrophy (muscle growth) occurs by the body increasing the actual diameter of the myofiber (the muscle fiber size) through increased protein synthesis.
    3) Since your body’s recuperation abilities were built up to the maximum by the previous phase and the volume has gone down dramatically, these extra recuperation capabilities are used to increase strength and build more muscle mass. The reason the body does this is in order to be prepared for another stressful period like the one it just gone through. This adaptation mechanism is the one that ensures the survival of the species.

Muscle Failure
    To get the best out of this routine you must prolong muscle failure as long as you can the sooner you fail the sooner your cycle will end. don’t get cared away with adding 5- 10kg every time you train, if you barely managed six reps with the 30s on shoulder press, what are you going to do next week, slap on another 5kg aside I don’t think so. Hitting muscle failure means no thither growth because you cannot give the body the new stimulus it needs for growth over the coming weeks, don’t get me wrong this is the best but also the hardest routine I’ve ever tried, when your dead lifting during loading trying to beet 110kg for fifteen that you did last week its not easy.
    Training hard or harder than hard is all that will do in terms of muscle growth, it must be done. Just make sure you get the right reps in the right phases no more than 8 in growth and no les than 12-14 wile loading.

Rest at the end of your cycle
    Over a period of time after say a 12 week cycle it is good to take a week of for recovery purposes doing this type of training demands a lot from your body. If your tendons or ligaments become sore you need extra recovery time taking a week of will make sure that you’ve completely recover from the growth phase and gain as much muscle as possible.

The exercises are to be used in this routine, you should stick with big basic midrange movements, multiple joint exercises. The days you will train will be Monday to Friday. MONDAY (back) TUSEDAY (triceps) WEDNESDAY (legs)
    THERSDAY (biceps) FRIDAY chest, shoulders. Ensure that you are finished in one hour.

Exercises at your Disposal.
    Chest: Flat Bench bar, Dumbbell Bench, Incline Bar, or Dumb,
    Back: Bar rows, Pull-ups, one arm rows, Dead lifts, Shoulder Shrugs.
    Biceps: Standing Bar curl, Alternative Dumbell Curls, Hammer Curls. Rev, Curl
    Triceps: Skull Crushers, Seated Extensions, Pushdowns, Dips,
    Shoulders: Side Lat Raises, Shoulder Press, Upright Rows,
    Legs: Squats, Calf raises, Legg press,
    keep in mind less is always more in bodybuilding, don’t do 20 sets of this, or 15 sets of that its quality not quantity.

well thats it wot u think of this, iv been doing this for 9weeks with good affect its worked for me Strength gain has been mad.
    Last edited by S.P.G; 03-15-2005 at 06:07 AM.

good write up

EatRite is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by S.P.G
    The maximum amount of time a weight training session should last is 60 minutes. After 60 minutes the levels of muscle building and fat burning hormones like growth hormone and testosterone start to drop. Also, the glycogen in your system, which is the fuel that your muscles use to contract, has been depleted. What this means is that training for any more than 60 minutes will actually be a waste of your time since you will no longer have the hormones or the fuel necessary to produce muscle growth. Continue to train past 60 minutes and you will get impaired recovery which leads to overtraining. with this routine you will not overtrain.

i couldnt disagree with this more... train no longer than an hour??? maybe dont train one bodypart no longer than an hour, but not the whole session, i've gotten the best results from 1.5 hours 4-5 days a week... i KNOW FOR A FACT that how you eat affects how much you grow, if you eat poor then 1 hour should never be exceeded, if you eat very well, then you will overtrain in a 1.5 hour session... if you consume 32 oz of gatorade or any sports drink while you work out you will replenish your glycogen stores, prevent the sides of most of the cortisol (keeping the body in a non catabolic stage)... if you know what you are doing diet wise, training wise and can listen to your body to when you need to rest and when you should workout i think that 1.5 hours is a good workout time... it all depends on the individual... if your diet is golden, then your workout times can exceed 1 hour and you will grow much more...

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    and intensity..

xenithon is offline Member
    IMO if you are putting in 110% going balls to walls intensity, you shouldn't be able to last over an hour, normally 35-50 minutes. I am not saying that 1.5 hours will NOT cause growth, but it won't do so efficiently. Bear in mind that often people who take 45 minutes and those taking 90 minutes can say very similar routines, sets, reps etc. The difference is that one trains all out with 60 seconds rest, the other has 2-3 minute rests between sets, 4 minute rests between exercises etc.

Quote Originally Posted by xenithon
    IMO if you are putting in 110% going balls to walls intensity, you shouldn't be able to last over an hour, normally 35-50 minutes. I am not saying that 1.5 hours will NOT cause growth, but it won't do so efficiently. Bear in mind that often people who take 45 minutes and those taking 90 minutes can say very similar routines, sets, reps etc. The difference is that one trains all out with 60 seconds rest, the other has 2-3 minute rests between sets, 4 minute rests between exercises etc.

it has to do with workout intensity... i take about 2 min rests in between sets because i train as heavy as possible, i also push every set past failure with a spotter (assisted last two reps usually)... my intensity in my sets is just as great as yours is, and the longer rests ensure that i can press heavy every set... sometimes i'll take a 5 min break inbetween my chest and shoulders and shoulders and tri's as well to let them recover a little... it depends on what your goals are i guess... but you CAN be in the gym for 1.5 hours and train intensely and still be fine... it depends on how you define intense though...

brew035 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EatRite
    it has to do with workout intensity... i take about 2 min rests in between sets because i train as heavy as possible, i also push every set past failure with a spotter (assisted last two reps usually)... my intensity in my sets is just as great as yours is, and the longer rests ensure that i can press heavy every set... sometimes i'll take a 5 min break inbetween my chest and shoulders and shoulders and tri's as well to let them recover a little... it depends on what your goals are i guess... but you CAN be in the gym for 1.5 hours and train intensely and still be fine... it depends on how you define intense though...
    couldt have said it better my self. this is how i do it im getting bigger every week I EAT EAT EAT and thats all.

FOOD IS THE BASE OF ALL WORKOUTS NO FOOS NO RESULTS!

Hi, thanks for the response guys the, (training one hour thing) I was getting at glycogen depletion, once its run out you then go in to the overtraning zone and cortisol really kicks in a nightmare for all of us. Eating or drinking shakes during workout
    Is a no, no, because it takes blood away from the muscle being trained and is more interested in digesting what you have just eaten,, well that’s according to my university. what do you think of this. Good points on the one hour thing,but If you look at how I’ve arranged the body parts, one hour is just right I don’t like to train bis or tris for, moor than an hour I do agree that diet has a lot to do with recovery/growth,and all the rest of it,,
    Last edited by S.P.G; 03-15-2005 at 05:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EcToMoRpHiAn
    good write up
    thanks,

Hi, thanks for the response guys the, (training one hour thing) I was getting at glycogen depletion, once its run out you then go in to the overtraning zone and cortisol really kicks in a nightmare for all of us. Eating or drinking shakes during workout
    Is a no, no, because it takes blood away from the muscle being trained and is more interested in digesting what you have just eaten,, well that’s according to my university. what do you think of this. Good points on the one hour thing,but If you look at how I’ve arranged the body parts, one hour is just right I don’t like to train bis or tris for, moor than an hour I do agree that diet has a lot to do with recovery/growth,and all the rest of it,,

if you consume low concentraded sugar water (ie gatorade) you shouldnt have this problem... although i have never heard of this... i have heard of consuming overconcentraded sugar water (ie juice), which dehydrates you because your body has to maintain a concentration of sugar and water wehre sugar is around 7% of the solution... any higher and you will become more dehydraded for the next hour, because of your body's desire to maintian equilibrium it sends water to your digestive tract to dilute the sollution... this is all i am aware of...

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    bah just drink lotsa water and go all out till your program is done.. whether it be 45min or 1.5hrs...

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    sorry spg but i disagree with some of your points.

Your tolerance will be a lot higher to weight training because of the higher repetitions and sorter rest period throughout the loading phase. your body will build up an almost amenity.
    for the 2nd time, you dont build up an amenity or 'protecting' itself. your tearing the muscle and youll be able to lift more weight because of being stronger.

The maximum amount of time a weight training session should last is 60 minutes. After 60 minutes the levels of muscle building and fat burning hormones like growth hormone and testosterone start to drop.
    False. Studies show that you should train no longer then hour and a half due to harmful rising cortisol levels. When cortisol is secreted, it causes a breakdown of muscle protein, leading to release of amino acids (the "building blocks" of protein) into the bloodstream. It does this to raise blood sugar levels to help the brain, which can be replenished with sugars.

To get the best out of this routine you must prolong muscle failure as long as you can the sooner you fail the sooner your cycle will end.
    I have no clue what you are trying to say. Failure does not have anything to do with cycle ends.

Over a period of time after say a 12 week cycle it is good to take a week of for recovery purposes doing this type of training demands a lot from your body. If your tendons or ligaments become sore you need extra recovery time taking a week of will make sure that you’ve completely recover from the growth phase and gain as much muscle as possible.
    with proper diet, nutrition, pwo's and rest days you shouldnt have a probelm working out and recovering. time off is good but if you are talking about doing a steriod 'cycle' then after your 12 weeks (i am assuming your esters will wear off and youll be starting pct) is the most important time of your cycle and you should hit it hard to keep gains, not take week off.

Exercises at your Disposal.
    Chest: Flat Bench bar, Dumbbell Bench, Incline Bar, or Dumb
    all same compound movements. i understand a flat and incline press but you gotta add flyes, dips, cables or pullovers

Back: Bar rows, Pull-ups, one arm rows, Dead lifts, Shoulder Shrugs.
    2 rows?, throw in pulldowns

Legs: Squats, Calf raises, Legg press,
    squats and press are same compound movement. throw in extensions, ham curls and/or lunges

hay Jantzen,That’s alright m8 criticism makes me better,

(1)You disagree, that it is good to take time of after 12 weeks of hardcore training, when you feel that you are not gaining any more, and can’t put one more pound on the bar?. After a week your body is not used to the weights, this is when you can shock the system to new growth. I use this method with good results JMO.

(2) I agree, that cortisol Rises during training,
    I thought that was what I was saying. Do you not agree that testosterone drops after a period of time along with Gh while cortisol
    Rises.

(3) Again imo for the first 3-4 years its good to stick with big basic exercises this will help build a foundation then when your freaky, go for shaping exercises like fly’s and cable work, (NO)

(4)pullpups,, yes my favourite,

(5) (The 'protecting' itself thing) dident we sort that out in another thread us/uk wording,,,
    Last edited by S.P.G; 03-17-2005 at 07:58 AM.

When you body is rebuilding, and becoming stronger, do you not think it’s doing this in preparation for when the stimulant that mad it happen in the first place, happen again.

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    hay Jantzen,That’s alright m8 criticism makes me better,

(1)You disagree, that it is good to take time of after 12 weeks of hardcore training, when you feel that you are not gaining any more, and can’t put one more pound on the bar?. After a week your body is not used to the weights, this is when you can shock the system to new growth. I use this method with good results JMO.

(2) I agree, that cortisol Rises during training,
    I thought that was what I was saying. Do you not agree that testosterone drops after a period of time along with Gh while cortisol
    Rises.

(3) Again imo for the first 3-4 years its good to stick with big basic exercises this will help build a foundation then when your freaky, go for shaping exercises like fly’s and cable work, (NO)

(4)pullpups,, yes my favourite,

(5) (The 'protecting' itself thing) dident we sort that out in another thread us/uk wording,,,

(1) if your talking about a normal program thats fine, but you kept saying 'cycle' so i didnt know if you were talking about a steriod cycle, in which case most cycles end around 12 weeks

(2) it does, you can replenish it with sugars. studies still show that you shouldnt work out for more then 1.5hrs

(3) possibly, but you never metioned that in your workout. it seemed as if you were talking about yourself and not rookies

(4) roger that

(5)

Quote Originally Posted by Jantzen4k
    (1) if your talking about a normal program thats fine, but you kept saying 'cycle' so i didnt know if you were talking about a steriod cycle, in which case most cycles end around 12 weeks

(2) it does, you can replenish it with sugars. studies still show that you shouldnt work out for more then 1.5hrs

(3) possibly, but you never metioned that in your workout. it seemed as if you were talking about yourself and not rookies

(4) roger that

(5)

Are no, no, when I say cycle I mean cycling training,, have you red BRAWN, BEYOND BRAWN, and FUTHER BRAWN by Stuart McRobert. Long but recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by Jantzen4k

(4) roger that

(5)

(3)
    Basically I’m a trainer, I work in a muscle shop in the uk, that program is what I give people if they want a new program, a lot of it was cut out, but I am doing a similar thing and I did right all my self. Just wanted to see what the pros, think and I am changing some of it now,
    Last edited by S.P.G; 03-17-2005 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    bah just drink lotsa water and go all out till your program is done.. whether it be 45min or 1.5hrs...
    that’s to simpilelike my spelling
    Last edited by S.P.G; 03-29-2005 at 09:43 AM.

kalisko is offline New Member
    i started training very similar to that for maintenance then back to the traditional 3 sets of 8 to shock them again

Thread Information