ironpumpindoc is offline Junior Member

Question Dog Crap while cutting???

Just wondering if anyone has had any success with the DC routine during cutting . . . are there any good threads on this already? I was thinking of switching to this MWF instead of my MTRF workout now . . . body parts once per week. Any suggestions?

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    no.

do it while bulking

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    Quote Originally Posted by ironpumpindoc
    are there any good threads on this already?

not to flame but the search button works great. there is so much info on this brilliant site.

http://67.18.108.244//showthread.php...ht=stir+things

thanks for the answer, I did read that post, but it is so long that I couldn't find anything about cutting w/ it . . . I figured it was more of a bulker anyway . . . thanx j4k

iron addict is offline New Member
    It works fine either way. You just need to make sure the macro nutrient profiles and timing are spot on. If you are not adding strenth while cutting YOU ARE DOING SOMETHING, OR MANY THINGS WRONG!

Iron Addict

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    You should never focus (I said focus) on adding strength while cutting, but you should focus on keeping what you have while shedding bodyfat.

Getting stronger/gaining lean mass while in a caloric deficit will only work for those who are relatively "new" to the game, not those who have bulked/cut/competed/etc. many times over again. Those people should either FOCUS on cutting OR bulking, NOT doing both.

~SC~

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    You should never focus (I said focus) on adding strength while cutting, but you should focus on keeping what you have while shedding bodyfat.

Getting stronger/gaining lean mass while in a caloric deficit will only work for those who are relatively "new" to the game, not those who have bulked/cut/competed/etc. many times over again. Those people should either FOCUS on cutting OR bulking, NOT doing both.

~SC~
    Honestly SC would you ever implent this workout scheme into your regiment..? Or are you happy w/ the conventional?.. i think im too stubborn to try it unless someone similar to your level utilized it for some nice gains...

What workout scheme are you referring to?

I am not familiar enough w/DC's protocols to comment accurately from my point of view.
    In addition, my commentary came from a nutritional perspective, not from a workout perspective. I stick to the kind of training that works for me no matter what my diet is like, as there is a certain way I train that works for me. That's the key, finding what works for you through trial/error. What makes a difference in your end appearance is going to be nutrition, as the phrase "you are what you eat" has never been more true.

~SC~

If you are not too aggressive with the caloric restrictions, and get the volume right you will be able to add strength while cutting. DC does this with his trainees. I have talked with many of them that have worked with DC himself, and I have exchanged info with DC. My trainees add strength while they are cutting. As Swole stated correctly it does get more difficult as you grow more advanced, but is doable. I have a 700 lb squatter that benches 615 RAW weighing 260 and we get him stronger while cutting. Powerlifters all get stronger while dropping weight to make weight classes. So It's doable if you know how.

Continuing to focus on the mass moves and not changing the training is part of the equation. Using the weight room to burn calories is misguided IMO and it should be done via diet and cardio. The workouts MUST remain strength based. That is assuming that they are in the first place. Yes, it is more difficult if you are using high workload size type routines.

Iron Addict

Thanks for all the input guys, I still have not really made up my mind to try DC yet while cutting, but I may. Swole, I was just wondering what type of routine you do? DO you train muscle groups once a week? I have my macro's on key . . . using the cutting sticky from the diet board, but my energy has went through the roof. I must have been eating completely wrong before, that and I am doing an ECA stack now. Anyway as always thanx for the input, it is much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    What workout scheme are you referring to?

I am not familiar enough w/DC's protocols to comment accurately from my point of view.
    In addition, my commentary came from a nutritional perspective, not from a workout perspective. I stick to the kind of training that works for me no matter what my diet is like, as there is a certain way I train that works for me. That's the key, finding what works for you through trial/error. What makes a difference in your end appearance is going to be nutrition, as the phrase "you are what you eat" has never been more true.

~SC~
    basically i was just asking for some insight from you on DC's Style... and it was answered ty

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    I always do westside powerlifting while cutting and I aim totaly for strenght.
    Always works for me. But then again I am pretty new and nothing special in size or strenght(500dl, 450 squat and 315 bench). But I notice that if I realy focus to 100% on strenght I keep more muscle. In the begining of a cutter(I put the credit on the increased cardiovascular ability) my strenght usualy goes through the roof. The extensive amounts of cardio improves my recovery/gpp tremendously and I take full advantage of that.

Last cutter for instance my strenght increased with over 45ibs in deadlift and over 25ibs in bench. But then again everyone is different and I guess I will soon reach the lever where it is impossible. But I will always workout with the goal to gain strenght no matter the diet Im on. If I have any other attitude I get a bit lazier and then goodbye muscle mass.

just remember there is more to strenght then just fore, bar speed is just as important. By focusing more attention on explositivity training you give your body new stimulus and its a bit less taxing then heavy work.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    I think dc could work. But be carefull with the rest pausing. I have never tried it while cutting so I cant give any real input. But dc without restpausing(except for the muscles you know recover easily) when cutting seems like a good idea

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    I think dc could work. But be carefull with the rest pausing. I have never tried it while cutting so I cant give any real input. But dc without restpausing(except for the muscles you know recover easily) when cutting seems like a good idea
    man i love to get forced reps like that.. goto failure.. then hold weight at peak take 3-5 Big Deep breaths and press on.. wash rinse repeat.. about 2 more times.. Hurts like an orgasm

I suppose you could always ask him (DC) what he thought about it.

He's a nice guy, he'd tell you what he thinks.

~SC~

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    Quote Originally Posted by ironpumpindoc
    Just wondering if anyone has had any success with the DC routine during cutting . . . are there any good threads on this already? I was thinking of switching to this MWF instead of my MTRF workout now . . . body parts once per week. Any suggestions?
    if you go to intensemuscle.com, in the dog pound, their is a sticky on cutting. you should be able to find all the info you need on how to make adjustments for cutting

thanx bro

johan,

Agred 100%. I train a lot of clients WSB, and using modified DC, and they gain strength the whole time they cut. And yes, DC will be glad to answer all your Q's he is a great guy and always willing to help people at all levels.

Iron Addict

Thank you guys for all your time, I think I will ask DC personally what he thinks, I did check out the dogpound, and it was very informational. Thanx for the input, it will help me out a lot when I decide which routine to go with while cutting.

Thread Information