GREENMACHINE is offline Are you green enough?

Dumbell pullovers help plz

Had one of the trainers in my new gym design a new workout routine for me. Working off a 2on 1 off 2on 2off routine. We discussed what I was currently doing workout wise, what my diet was like etc. He has included some new exercises and switched things around a bit. I had heard of everything he has included but was unsure of the range of motion etc on some of them. So I searched the web for them and copied and pasted them to a word doc so I can print them off and study them. The problem is I can not find a satisfactory explaination for how to perform Dumbell pullovers. Due to work chest agin friday so I will prolly bump into him again b4 then. Just in case I don't can some one give my en explanation or link on how to perform the above plz. Thanks again guy :spudnik4:

brew035 is offline Associate Member
    you lay down on a bench hang your head off. Grab the weight liek you are going to do a french press. Hold the weight over your chest arms slightly bent. Then lower the weight back over you head untill you feel comfortable then pull it back to starting position. On the way down make sure you are in control of the weight and that you feel the stretch on the bottom of the lift.

You can either do them on chest day or back day because it works both your lats and you upper chest.

just a tip that I was taught.... do them laying on the bench perpendicular (don't lie lenghtwise on the bench) You can really stretch your rib cage further this way.

brew035 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa Pump
    just a tip that I was taught.... do them laying on the bench perpendicular (don't lie lenghtwise on the bench) You can really stretch your rib cage further this way.
    This works better to lay like this. You should try them the other way. Then once you get the feel of it. Do it like BIGPOPPAPUMP.

I do them this way to just thought since you did not know how to do them that it would be easier for you to lie lenghtway on the bench.

Lenghtwise= Begginer
    Perpendicular= Advanced

Pullover (chest & back)
    Lie face up on an exercise bench, with your head extending over the end of the bench, and your feet firmly on the floor to keep yourself steady. Hold a single dumb-bell vertically above your chest with both hands, making sure you have a good grip on the weight (fig.13). From this start position, lower the dumb-bell behind your head in a smooth motion, taking it as far back as you can mange until you feel the strain (fig.14). Hold, then raise to the start position.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dumbell pullovers help plz-dumbell-work-out-fig_13.gif   Dumbell pullovers help plz-dumbell-work-out-fig_14.gif  

Does thiis look right bro's.

HammerCurler is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brew035
    This works better to lay like this. You should try them the other way. Then once you get the feel of it. Do it like BIGPOPPAPUMP.

I do them this way to just thought since you did not know how to do them that it would be easier for you to lie lenghtway on the bench.

Lenghtwise= Begginer
    Perpendicular= Advanced
    If you decide to try it the perpendicular way then make sure you keep your legs dropped down once you begin the lowering of the dumbbell, and keep your legs/hips lowered throughout the remainder of the movement to ensure you get a good stretch.

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    if i wanna hit my

chest more : do laying with bench

lats more : do laying perpendicluar to bench

*arnold claims that doing these will expand your ribcage, although science has proven otherwise*

Thread Information