iwant2bebigdog is offline New Member

Question is my reps and sets ok or too much?

i have been doing 6 reps each exercise i do 5 sets per exercise i do about 15 total sets for small muscles and about 20-25 for large tis this ok?im trying to add mass and get huge thanks

Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member
    Personally I think that is too much, especially for smaller muscle groups such as biceps and triceps. When training heavy I wouldnt go over 4 sets, I found that the 5th set tears the muscle too much. I would do 12 or 16 sets for large muscle groups(16 if you are a more advaced trainer) and I would only do 8 sets for biceps and 8 sets for triceps. Also remember if you are trying to add mass stick to HEAVY compond movement, f*ck the cables and machines and use lots of barbell presses, squats, deadlifts, barbell curls, the list goes on but you probably get the jist of it. And dont go into the gym and absolutely thrash your muscles either, you Do NOT want them to be sore for weeks on end, its not good for growth, too much damage has been done if that happens. Go in, lift heavy, and get the hell out and start eating, thats how youll gain mass.

iwant2bebigdog is offline New Member
    bump anybody else

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    for delts, bis and tris and chest i do 9 sets. For my back and legs i do 20 sets.

DaGCHILD is offline Junior Member
    yeah thats way too many sets, i agree with testsibject all the way...

iron addict is offline New Member
    probably WAY too many. SOME people do well on that kind of workload. MOST people, though are not the SOME people that do well on it. In other words.The percentage of the overall population that can handle that much work is relatively small. Even when doing gear.

iron Addict

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    i do 15 sets for chest, 8 sets for tri's, 6 sets for bi's, like 8000 milliion sets for back (My back is Uncanny w/ a 28n'1/8th.in. lat spread w/o Pump, thats just from one side to other not circumfrence ) 16sets for legs, 12sets for shoulders, 6 for traps.
    all are 3-8 reps depending on how froggy i feel.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by iwant2bebigdog
    i have been doing 6 reps each exercise i do 5 sets per exercise i do about 15 total sets for small muscles and about 20-25 for large tis this ok?im trying to add mass and get huge thanks
    I'd have to say that this is GROSS over-training.

Reason being, if you are using the intensity you should be using, you'd be dead half-way before you finished any of the above protocol.

If it works for you, great, but if it's not, probably time to try another alternative.

~SC~

Thread Information