Rock88 is offline Junior Member

Help a brotha out.....

I need to start cutting. I have always done a split, but should i switch to full body workout for cutting followed by post-workout cardio? HELP ME

Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member
    When you say split, are you talking about 2 times a day, or 3 on 3 off, or what??

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    I believe he's referring to whether or not he should split up the bodyparts per day:

IE:

Day1 - Chest/tris
    Day2 - Back/bis etc..........

People have done it both ways. The split format is more common IMO, but, a close friend of mine incorporates a total body workout a few days a week, and is shredding very quickly. When he is trying to add mass, he incorporates his normal split, but prefers a few days of a total-body workout versus a BBing workout when cutting down... it works for him... as he's not a BBer himself...

Additionally, there are some members of the board who greatly benefit from a martial art while cutting, and I'm considering it for myself in the near future...

Regarding performing cardio PWO, that's not a wise choice IMO. In the morning on an empty stomach is the best method IMO. If you choose to do so later in the day, try and ensure you have fasted for a few hours previously. You don't want to perform cardio PWO, because you should ingest your PWO nutrition within the first 15 minutes or so, and doing cardio with that in your stomach is less than desirable regarding fat loss.... and waiting til your done your cardio to ingest your shake isn't great either..... JMO of course...

Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    I believe he's referring to whether or not he should split up the bodyparts per day:

IE:

Day1 - Chest/tris
    Day2 - Back/bis etc..........

People have done it both ways. The split format is more common IMO, but, a close friend of mine incorporates a total body workout a few days a week, and is shredding very quickly. When he is trying to add mass, he incorporates his normal split, but prefers a few days of a total-body workout versus a BBing workout when cutting down... it works for him... as he's not a BBer himself...

Additionally, there are some members of the board who greatly benefit from a martial art while cutting, and I'm considering it for myself in the near future...

Regarding performing cardio PWO, that's not a wise choice IMO. In the morning on an empty stomach is the best method IMO. If you choose to do so later in the day, try and ensure you have fasted for a few hours previously. You don't want to perform cardio PWO, because you should ingest your PWO nutrition within the first 15 minutes or so, and doing cardio with that in your stomach is less than desirable regarding fat loss.... and waiting til your done your cardio to ingest your shake isn't great either..... JMO of course...
    Oh I see what hes saying, anyways Blown SC sums up my thoughts as well.

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    keep your split

Thread Information