whitehulk is offline Banned

mid back development

ok i have had 2 different suregeries on my left hand and wrist and tore my rotator cuff all in a one year time period, needless to say i had my left arm in a sling for the most part of 6 months with all these injuries. (****ing college ball, **** will **** you up). my mid to lower back is much more developed on my right side due to over compensating with my arm in sling. so i was wondering if their is anything i could do to only increase my left side of my back. of course m still gonna be working out both sides to maintain my left size but i really need to help out my left side. and help would be appreciated.
    thanks

ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    db rows

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Hard to totally isolate a very specific area only. Having said that you could do one left arm db rows or any other uni exercise. But in due time the body will compensate and your overall back should evan out just be patient not overdoing it after your serious injury. Good luck.

whitehulk is offline Banned
    alright fellas thanks alot. i know its gonna take time it jsut sucks to have to think about it. the bd rows does sound about right so ill add that to my workouts and get started on that. thanks again

brew035 is offline Associate Member
    maybe you can put the one hand attachment on all your cable lifts. It might work.
    Good luck

MASTER is offline "I Own You"
    1 armed dumbell rows and seated cable rows with 1 arm may help

Anabolica is offline Associate Member
    heavy DY(Dorian yates style) rows.

They have added some great mass and detail to my back

timor334 is offline New Member
    How do you do Dorian Yates style rows?

Anabolica is offline Associate Member
    This come's from Dorian himself.

I always went as heavy as I could. Rows have slammed slabs of dense muscle on my back. I always used to do barbell row with a curl grip, but since I tore my left bicep in 1994, I went to an overhand grip. My style dug right into the bellies of my upper-back muscles and it blasted my low lats. I became known for this exercise because it gave me enormous thickness. I wanted the Shadow to own rows. I kept my upper body 70 degrees to the floor. At an angle of 70 rather than 45, my lower back was less susceptible to injury and my lats were in a strong position. Both of these factors meant that I could use big weights and I did. The heavier weight I used, the more dense and bigger my muscle got. The mantra of rows, as with all my back exercises, was to concentrate. With my upper body at a 70-degree angle and my elbows slightly bent, I pulled the bar off the floor with all the force I could muster. I rammed the bar into my belly, and then controlled the weight negative as I lowered it. When doing barbell rows, some bodybuilders use too much weight and get a body swing going. I never swung, but I had some body movement. My warm-up was 12 reps X 285 pounds. On my main set, I loaded 375 pounds, 8-10 reps with a three-quarter and then half rep. Don’t be stupid and try to do forced reps with rows.

IMO The feel you get from these is incredible and my back has improved immensely. Give them a try

Thread Information