jbone30 is offline Associate Member

Why do my delts fail?

It seems no matter what im doing bench press..decline bench..bench flys..seated pec dec..my delts burn like crazy before I can get my chest going..WTF?..and then they burn for like 20 minutes after?..my other muscles only burn for the sets..whats up with this?

cjp85 is offline Member
    Are you doing proper warm up sets? I have the same problem if I dont do a couple good warm up sets.

Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member
    I used to have this problem as well and I blame it on bad form. If your arms arent posistioned in the proper place then benchpressing will hit your delts more than your pecs. Just play around with the angle of your arms and see where you can possition them so than your pecs are getting worked, not your delts.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Eliminate bars and use d-bells. Roll the shoulders down and back, and concentrate on accentuating the chest by pusing it up. Use a weight that is "pec friendly", meaning the pec is doing the work, NOT the front delts and triceps. Form is everything for a good chest!

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Eliminate bars and use d-bells. Roll the shoulders down and back, and concentrate on accentuating the chest by pusing it up. Use a weight that is "pec friendly", meaning the pec is doing the work, NOT the front delts and triceps. Form is everything for a good chest!

~SC~
    Thanks everyone...swole///whats a pec friendly weight?..heavier or lighter?

A weight that you are able to keep good form with.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Anything not heavy.. well at least not too heavy for you at your stage, your trying to work the intended muscle not only trying to push weights around.
    Last edited by bluethunder; 03-20-2005 at 08:51 AM. Reason: adding

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Correct!

~SC~

EatRite is offline Senior Member
    how far apart are your hands on the bar as well???

wide grip about 8 inches from shoulder I guess somtimes farther..ive tried varied grips..it seems this happens curling to..with dbs or bar with preety good form also full extensions Ive been doing that swole curl I read on here too..that **** is awesome I get huge pumps and dropin the last one is like droppin a truck..so wtf..Dont get me wrong my biceps get worked out good but like I said my delts burn on almost everything I do...could it be I should just target them in an all out assault? It seems to try to be happening anyway..maybe they just arent as strong as the rest of me?..funny thing is..I dont have any pics but they look like one of my better assets

Thread Information