View Poll Results: What gives you the best gains?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lower weight, perfect form, slow movement -

6 54.55%
  • Heavy weight, slight compromise on form

5 45.45%
    Two4the$$ is offline Senior Member

Poll: Heavy weight or perfect form, slow movement...?

Looking for opinion's of when the most gains were made: Heavy weight or good form? My form could be better if I lowered the weight, but I am NOT doing anything that nears injury...

Thanks
    Last edited by Two4the$$; 03-14-2005 at 03:08 PM.

Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TrumanHW
    STUPID ****ING site ...
    After calling that, do you think its going to let you.

Two4the$$ is offline Senior Member
    Well, I basically used that as place holder text, the stupid thing thought it had uploaded this already, so I changed it to something that made me feel better, then edited it later. This sites uploading policy sucks a fat, hypergonadic kock. :-) How's their spell checker workin now?

Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member
    In answer to your question, you do have to have good for in order to build quality muscle. You said that your form could be better if you lowered the weight a bit, then I would do that, you dont have to have 100% perfecty strick form but you dont want to be cheating too much. Now, this all depends if your looking at it from a bodybuilders point of view or a powerlifters point of view, if your a bodybuilder than you need good form, you need the muscle your working on to handle 100% of the load, if your a powerlifter than IMO the form can be more lose beacause all your trying to do is lift the weight.

6_pak is offline Associate Member
    In certain exercises/bodyparts cheating is good. For example bicep curls(bb) 2 working sets of really good form, then on last set, maybe you can only handle 2-3 reps of perfect form and you need to cheat to get the last 4-6 reps. I think overloading the muscle through heavy weight using not so perfect form can benefit you. I would never cheat throughout the entire exercise though. Now if cheating can lead to injury i would never risk it. Such as dropping the weight and bouncing it off your chest during bb chest press. I also believe the heavier you go, the more stricked you should be on your form, such as squats/deads. You'll be more sucessible(sp.) to injury if your overloading your muscles during heavy compound movements using "loose" form.

Thread Information