Beefkake31 is offline Member

Routine Critique

Workout Plan

tue CHEST
    wed BACK + BICEPS
    thur SHOULDERS + CALVES
    fri TRICEPS + ABS
    sun QUADS + HAMS

Start Tuesday till Friday (4 on 1 off) Saturday off. Sunday on and Monday off.

It used to be 5 on but I feel like that is too long without a rest day so switched it go 4. I then rest one full day to get ready for the legs. After my leg workout I have another full day of rest since it taxes me fully and then I repeat with chest on Tuesday. I also put chest and tri's as far apart as possible since I hate doing chest and tri's together I don't believe it is effective like back and bi's is, it is a totally different thing. So what do you guys think of the new routine. Any positive feedback or criticsm is welcome.

fitnessNY is offline Senior Member
    I would try to put a rest day between shoulders/calves and tri's abs.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Personally i would put tri's w/ either chest or shoulders...
    and abs w/ legs because when you do situps and what not u incorp alot of hip flexors and iliopsas or wat ever.. so why not maximize those two areas?

brew035 is offline Associate Member
    Looks ok. If you can try 2 on 1 off with same routine

Could you elaborate on why you dont like to chest and tri together? Just curious of your reason.

Beefkake31 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brew035
    Looks ok. If you can try 2 on 1 off with same routine

Could you elaborate on why you dont like to chest and tri together? Just curious of your reason.
    Well unlike back and bi's where my biceps get torn apart because of my heavy back workout my triceps barely get used in my chest workout and I go wide grip to make sure that I'm only hitting my chest. I'm already exhausted after my 12-14 sets of chest and my triceps aren't even worked so I don't want to start an entirely new workout when I'm not going to put a good effort since my energy is drained.

Back and bi's make sense though since your bi's are taxed after your back workout so it would make sense to finish them off right after with 5-6 sets. Because you don't want to hit your biceps twice in 7 days. With chest and tri's it's a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkake31
    Well unlike back and bi's where my biceps get torn apart because of my heavy back workout my triceps barely get used in my chest workout and I go wide grip to make sure that I'm only hitting my chest. I'm already exhausted after my 12-14 sets of chest and my triceps aren't even worked so I don't want to start an entirely new workout when I'm not going to put a good effort since my energy is drained.

Back and bi's make sense though since your bi's are taxed after your back workout so it would make sense to finish them off right after with 5-6 sets. Because you don't want to hit your biceps twice in 7 days. With chest and tri's it's a different story.
    Well then use Weighted Dips as a transition from Chest to Tri's and you will feel it.

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    i would throw legs in between chest, back or shoulders. to give upperbody a day off. uggg. tires me out just looking at that.

DaGCHILD is offline Junior Member
    I would have to definetly agree with Taiboxa by doing chest and tri's together and with Brew on 2 on 1 off....IMO, since chest works the tricep the most, its a good warmup to thrash your tricep after you do chest....also...thats what swoles arm protocol recommends lol....

You said your triceps arent even worked after doing chest? thats strange....

Hope this helps, good luck buddy...

brew035 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefkake31

What does your chest workout look like on an average day at the gym?

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    Personally i would put tri's w/ either chest or shoulders...
    and abs w/ legs because when you do situps and what not u incorp alot of hip flexors and iliopsas or wat ever.. so why not maximize those two areas?
    spot no m8

Quote Originally Posted by S.P.G
    spot no m8
    damit i cant understand this kid.. someone translate PLZ

Thread Information