Thread: Legs

goku_psd is offline Banned

Legs

Will running or jogging make your legs smaller? I know sprints won't, but someone at my gym said running would shrink them.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    It indeed can from over-use/training, poor diet, and using lean muscle tissue for fuel if you are on E.

~SC~

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    Distance running IMO will only increase the ratio of slow twitch to fast twitch muscle fibers and will deplete your glycogen stores in your legs which would make them appear smaller. Power sprinting has essentially almost exactly the opposite, increase in ratio of fast twitch to slow twitch fibers and increase your ability to hold muscle glycogen for fuel, making your legs look bigger.
    I would like to start sprinting once a week if i can during the spring, once the weather breaks here, but i dunno if thats going to be possible along with leg day in the gym. My legs are shot for days after leg day, sometime swole's leg day and sometimes my own personal leg day. If it interferes at all im sticking with leg day in the weight room over sprints.

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by nsa
    Distance running IMO will only increase the ratio of slow twitch to fast twitch muscle fibers and will deplete your glycogen stores in your legs which would make them appear smaller. Power sprinting has essentially almost exactly the opposite, increase in ratio of fast twitch to slow twitch fibers and increase your ability to hold muscle glycogen for fuel, making your legs look bigger.
    I would like to start sprinting once a week if i can during the spring, once the weather breaks here, but i dunno if thats going to be possible along with leg day in the gym. My legs are shot for days after leg day, sometime swole's leg day and sometimes my own personal leg day. If it interferes at all im sticking with leg day in the weight room over sprints.
    SPOT ON M8

Thread Information