jeffsz28 is offline Associate Member

Should i take acouple days off?

Woke up this am with a bad sore throat so stayed in bed instead of going to the gym. should i take acouple days off till my cold is better?

Juddman is offline Anabolic Member
    I had a sore throat this past weekend..eyes were burning, headache. I took 2 days off and I'm already back to 100% today. Training heavy breaks down the immune system so it tends to take longer to get over the cold. I would take a couple of days off, rest, then get back at it and train 100%.

jordanfanatic23 is offline BANNED SCAMMING TRAITOR AKA LIL VITO AKA **TR LIVES 5 MINUTES FROM HIM.
    i just came off a cold, my gym has a sauna. I would suggest you hop in there for a few to help sweat it out. did wonders for me .

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    I just had a similar thing. Last tuesday felt a sore throat, it got worse on wed. I skipped workouts both days. By Thursday it hit full force and I could barely get out of bed thursday.fri, and sat. Sunday felt a little better and now it is still leaving me slowly each day. I havn't worked out since last monday. It's killing me.

i know it would kill me at the gym, throat hurts just sitting here typing- hahaha. i wonder if times like this when you miss the gym if that messes with chances of you getting bigger and sooner? i have heard though working out while sick can make you worse. thats why i wanted some opinions.

thanks

DaGCHILD is offline Junior Member
    i have a very weak immune system so I know where your coming from.....since i lift heavy and intense, by body tends to shut down here and there....i just load up on vitamins and get plenty of rest....stay outa the gym until your ready imo....but ive heard people say if its head up go to the gym , and if its head down, stay home, so if ur body aches for example...stay home...but if u just have a head cold. go to the gym...not sure about this but like i said I usually stay outa the gym fearing it will get worse...hope this helps..

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    you guys need to take vitamins. thanks to two centrum silver's a day, i haven't been sick since last may.

DaGCHILD is offline Junior Member
    exactly, take vitamins....mega man, centrum whatever, but take it on a daily basis...

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    I have taken a multi vitamin and other supps for over 20 years each and every day. When you work at a place with over 1500 other people you are bound to touch something and then touch your eyes or mouth and get sick once in a while even if you wash your hands plenty of times a day. I had not een sick in about 1.5 years and thats pretty good considering all the people I come in contact with.

YOu are very lucky to not even get a simple cold for so long.

This time of year where i live is bad for chest colds. i also work inside a huge warehouse which is a freezer that i go in and out of 8-12hrs aday for 10-60mins a hr. its 5-10 below 0 in there so that doesn't help- haha thanks guys..

31uniform is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jordanfanatic23
    i just came off a cold, my gym has a sauna. I would suggest you hop in there for a few to help sweat it out. did wonders for me .
    I agree the sauna is great for sweating out those nasty colds.

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffsz28
    Woke up this am with a bad sore throat so stayed in bed instead of going to the gym. should i take acouple days off till my cold is better?
    Training with a cold could lower your immune system even more go back when you feel better

Thread Information