TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member

Angry bench press is driving me crazy

within the past 4 months ive managed to gain about 15 pounds naturally....my strength has basically gone up just about all around except for my bench press. im doing the same bench (265-very pathetic i know) i was doing 4 months ago when i was 15 pounds lighter ....the weight i gained was mainly muscle too, im a pretty lean person and when i put on weight theres generally little fat...i just dont see how i can grow in almost every area except for my bench press??? ive tried alot of different things to shock growth...drop sets, negatives, power rack benching, took a week break and came back, flyes before presses, alternating between dumbells and barbells, and i keep my form very good when doing the pressing movements....im out of ideas anybody have any advice??? this is making me want to pull my hair out
    btw chest routine consists of usually about 3 pressing movement exercises about 3 sets a piece then 3 sets of flye type exercises...supposedly the basic formula for chest growth
    Last edited by TheDfromGC; 03-16-2005 at 01:55 AM.

The Ultimate Bench Press Program!!!

Check that out, good program, I did it and it actually worked.

looks good, thanks for reply, think this thread got up to about 35 views and no replys....

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    You tried all that in just 4 months? Consistency is your problem. Nothing is going to shoot your bench up overnight. Try the program in the link listed above. also, are you maxing out every week or close to that? If so that's definitely your problem. I only max every 2 months at the very shortest.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDfromGC
    within the past 4 months ive managed to gain about 15 pounds naturally.... ive tried alot of different things to shock growth...drop sets, negatives, power rack benching, took a week break and came back, flyes before presses, alternating between dumbells and barbells, im out of ideas

no not at all, i only max every once in a while but i can tell from my workouts that my bench hasnt been going up due to the fact im struggling with the same weight for the same amount of reps....but yea im gonna try out that program and see what happens

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet

Thread Information