S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist

Hitting Stiking Points

(For all the people hitting Stiking points)

Stiking points one of the more frustrating aspects of bodybuilding they seem to manifest themselves as early as six months from first starting training. The more advanced you are, and the stronger you get the more likely you’ll encounter a stiking point, and the more suborn they’ll get. You may find the way to break through is to pay attention to detail. The following thread may help you pinpoint areas requiring attention and Overcome stiking points.
    (Diet) countless books and articles are available on nutrition and diet but it all boils down to simple fact, for success, supply the body with all the nutrients it needs this is no the diet forum so not going to get in to it.
    Rest and sleep would be my next area of consideration. sleep is a individual mater if you feel completely recovered after 8 hours yet your only sleeping 6-7 hours per night your progress could be at risk a occasional hour or to less sleep won’t mater much, but regularly missing hours is where the problem begins.
    (Training)
    How about your workout it’s self, this is another area you should asses carefully . For example, why pick an arbitrary number of sets such as 16 sets per body part. One thing I’ve found as you progressed is that a routine that you made expellant progress may have to be altered as you become more developed. The reason for this is simple, as you become stronger and your muscles become larger, you must apply more intense effort to stimulate more growth. Because high intensity effort places incredible demands on your body, more rest time is required for recovery as well as growth. Why not go for les sets, why not even take a week of or have a active rest period where you do little or no weights, it’s not going to kill you.

Any body ells have any points on this,,
    Last edited by S.P.G; 03-17-2005 at 10:11 AM.

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Perfrom Partials. Do reps in the specific range of motion, wherever you "sticking" point occurs~

Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member
    I often see people doing bicep curls with 80k but their form is crap so my 50 cents is to say dont sacrofice form for weight

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    nobody ells hit a stiking point and overcome it,,,

Thread Information