Thread: How's it look?

Kaleb is offline Associate Member

How's it look?

Switched up my workout routine, going with a 6 days on, one day off.

Mon.- Chest, front and medial delts.
    Tues- Back, Traps and rear delts.
    Wed- Arms, Legs
    Thurs- Same as Monday
    Fri- Same as Tuesday
    Sat- Same as Wednesday
    Sun- Off

Some will say that 6 days on and 1 day off is overtraining, but I'm 19 and feel that my recovery is excellent. I was thinking about throwing legs and arms in Tuesday and Friday instead of Wed and Sat.

So what do you guys think?

Kaleb

DaGCHILD is offline Junior Member
    your going to be training each muslce 2 times a week??? Chest and back twice in a 5 day span? Arms and legs on the same day?? That seems a lot to me...I would also combine tri with chest, and back with bi imo...I would do something like this

Mon- Chest
    Tues- Back
    Wed- Shoulders
    Thur- Arms
    Fri -legs
    Sat-Rest
    Sun-Rest
    Then repeat....so its 5 on 2 off...similar to your 6 on, 1 off....

OR this is what I DO, it works for me...

Chest/tri
    Back/Bi
    off
    Shoulders/Abs
    Legs
    Off
    then repeat....i go 2 on 1 off, 2 on 1 off....

Never combine Back/Biceps Chest/Triceps because on one of the muscle groups, the intensity will be lacking and the muscles would have already been used. Give each group a good amount of attention. Try:

Mon: Chest
    Tues: Off
    Wed: Biceps/Triceps
    Thurs: Off
    Friday: Back/Shoulders
    Sat: Off
    Sun: Legs

Never do a push/pull routine, it's almost as bad as those people that try to do a total body workout once a week rather than splitting it up.

And also if your intensity in your workouts is great enough and you use many of the training tricks (drop sets, superset, slow eccentric/ fast concentric, etc) you shouldn't be able to work each part twice a week, atleast not with the same intensity.

DaGCHILD is offline Junior Member
    [QUOTE=El Jugo Buen0]Never combine Back/Biceps Chest/Triceps because on one of the muscle groups, the intensity will be lacking and the muscles would have already been used. Give each group a good amount of attention.

I cant disagree more.....I think majority of people do Back/Bi together and some do chest/tri as well. Chest/tri is a little more debatable, but doing back and bi together is a must. You use and stimulate you biceps alot during your back workout, so doing a good 6 hard sets to finish them off is more than enough to make them grow...same goes for triceps...and how you say give each group the same amount of attention....thats wrong...look how small your bicep is compared to your back....doing 12-14 sets on biceps for example is all for show, if your even able to do that many sets, it shows that you arent hiting each set with enough intensity......check out swoles arm protocol....

josh8416 is offline Associate Member
    i do arms their own day and on my chest/traps day i just do 1 exercise after doing my chest, either close grip bench or dips, and i go really heavy for 3 sets of 8. then 3 days later is my arm day and i do tricepts/bi's. my arms are growing now since i switched to that. i do the same for back day, i just do back then at the end i do 1 torch set for bi's. i do bb curls 3 set of 8 but going slow and having correct form.. helps for me! make sure ur not overtraining. i do everything one time a week besides traps/calves/arms

Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member
    Two things I am noticing that are going to hinder you
    1. Not near enough rest
    2. No shoulder day. Do not tie in your shoulders with another workout, you need a separate shoulder day so you can incorperate a heavy compound movment to make those badboys grow.

josh8416 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Testsubject
    1. Not near enough rest
    2. No shoulder day. Do not tie in your shoulders with another workout, you need a separate shoulder day so you can incorperate a heavy compound movment to make those badboys grow.
    AGREE!!!!!!!!!!

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Overtraining IMO
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleb

Wed- Arms, Legs
    Thurs- Same as Monday
    Fri- Same as Tuesday
    Sat- Same as Wednesday
    Sun- Off

Some will say that 6 days on and 1 day off is overtraining, but I'm 19 and feel that my recovery is excellent. I was thinking about throwing legs and arms in Tuesday and Friday instead of Wed and Sat.

Kaleb

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by Testsubject
    1. Not near enough rest
    I like to put shoulders on chest day to prevent overlapping, the shoulder get massive stimulation on chest day, especially the antarea head of the delt,I can still do a compound movement,,just MO

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    My CNS just got fried from READING this.

Overtraining like a mother f*cker.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleb

Wed- Arms, Legs
    Thurs- Same as Monday
    Fri- Same as Tuesday
    Sat- Same as Wednesday
    Sun- Off

Kaleb

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Not good my friend.
    You are doing back the day before bi's.
    Your are doing bi's and tri's the day before your second chest workout. It's fine to work everything twice a week, DEPENDING on your volume. Can you do 20 sets for chest on monday and turn around and do it again on thursday, NO. Keep it low low volume if you want to hit everything twice a week.
    Chest/Shoulder/Tri
    Back/Bi's
    Off
    Legs
    Shoulders
    Off
    Repeat

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Well I may not agree with your routine but I say go for it! See how your body responds then make adjustments. Too many people say what will work and what won't but we are all different. The only way you are going to learn in this game is to do it, it's called experimentation and I garantee you would at least learn from it.

Kaleb is offline Associate Member
    I don't believe much in overtraining in the sense of not resting enough, now I believe that if you go in there and do 25 sets on chest and 16 sets on biceps, yes, you're definitely overtraining. My boss is 5'7'' 190lbs at about 7% BF and said that he was at his biggest when he was training 6 days on and one day off. But I appreciate everyone's opinion, I think I'm going to tweak it just a bit, but still do every muscle twice a week.

Kaleb

XxElitexX is offline Senior Member
    I don't believe much in overtraining in the sense of not resting enough
    you better start believing it....

I don't believe much in overtraining in the sense of not resting enough
    and yes, some can do that....but not everyones genetics are not the same...if you can get away with it and not overtrain from it...i say go for it...

i dont see the purpose in splitting your delts into 2 days tho...just doesnt make since to me...even when training front and medial delts your rear delts are stilll working...JMO

Thread Information