Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member

Rear Delt Mass Builder....???

I was wondering what you guys do to build up the rear delts so the fronts arent over powering or oversized. I have a feeling mine are getting that way. i only do 2 rear delt exercises. The reverse flye on an incline bench on my stomach with dumbells. Hard to have good form though with heavy weight. Also, cable reverse flye where my right hand grabs left handle and left grabs right and you extend out into reverse flye. Any help/advice would be great.
    Thanks,
    mike

bump^^

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    I find that upright rows and reverse pec dec (despite the fact that i think the pec dec machine for its original purpose is utter ****e) are the only things that give mine a good working.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Your already doing 2 exercises, thats good. Your doing them at the start of your delt workout too i hope? If not then start doing that. I like either standning or seated rear lateral rasies.

Laso do alot of rows in your back routine.

Quote Originally Posted by palme
    Your already doing 2 exercises, thats good. Your doing them at the start of your delt workout too i hope? If not then start doing that. I like either standning or seated rear lateral rasies.

Laso do alot of rows in your back routine.
    I'll give that a shot. I'll do the rear delt exercises 1st. I usually do them last.

BDTR is offline Retired
    Heavy ass upright rows work for me.

BDTR is offline Retired
    and pressing richard simmons.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    lol

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Lay on a incline bench and do rear db laterals bringing your elbows back and out. Also bent over bb rows USING a wide grip(past shoulders). Experiment bringing the bar to your belly and lower chest area to see how it feels for you. Other than that you need a rear reverse pec deck machine.

First off, why are you doing two diff. exercises for a small muscle like the posterior delts? One exercise is good enough, and I never do a specific workout for them, I do shoulders on my back day and my dumbbell rows always seems to work them enough...

Quote Originally Posted by bluethunder
    Lay on a incline bench and do rear db laterals bringing your elbows back and out. Also bent over bb rows USING a wide grip(past shoulders). Experiment bringing the bar to your belly and lower chest area to see how it feels for you. Other than that you need a rear reverse pec deck machine.
    I do the reverse flye on the incline and it seems to work well. I also do the reverse pec dec flye. on the reverse pec dec flye do you grasp the vertical or horizontal handles?? if your machine has both that is. i'll test out the bb row too and see.

Quote Originally Posted by El Jugo Buen0
    First off, why are you doing two diff. exercises for a small muscle like the posterior delts? One exercise is good enough, and I never do a specific workout for them, I do shoulders on my back day and my dumbbell rows always seems to work them enough...

i dont do a specific workout for them. just looking for different exercises to do when i do them to which works best.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fat Mike
    I do the reverse flye on the incline and it seems to work well. I also do the reverse pec dec flye. on the reverse pec dec flye do you grasp the vertical or horizontal handles?? if your machine has both that is. i'll test out the bb row too and see.
    Horizontal..

Quote Originally Posted by bluethunder
    Horizontal..

ok, thats how i do it. thanks

Aggression is offline Member
    Do you guys think upright rows work your rear delts?

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    yeah, if you really pull you shoulders back at the top.

the exercize i've had the most success with is doing bend over lateral raises with a more-or-less 45 degree bend in my arms. i like to cheat a little on them- it allows me to do like 4X as much weight and the pumps are way better for me than strict form; it also allows my rear delt's to grow hella faster. imo it's the best mass exercize for the rear delts.

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    the single best mass builder for rear delts has NOTHING to do with weights IMO.

This dude at my gym has a huge set. I asked him the same thing.

It SOOOO hard to explain, cause it has to be shown.

but here goes.

lie on a flat bench..... grab 10 pounds ..just for the initial feel.

what you gotta do is work it like a piston...basically,lie down on your side... on your shoulder and brace yourself so you can drop the weight ACROSS your chest ... so your lying on you left shoulder and your right arm is draped across your chest, now, bring the weight up in a arc to a position that if you were standing you arm would be parallel to the floor... but of course your layin down still.. now the trick is to have your elbow as twisted to peak the contraction at the last second.

DAMMIT... so hard to explain...let alone do.

hmmm, sorta like lying side laterals that arnold used to do.

ahhh fak it.

brain hurts.. just do reverse pec dec

maybe you can find it in here under delts...

http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/exercise1.htm

tyciol is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dally View Post
    the single best mass builder for rear delts has NOTHING to do with weights IMO.

This dude at my gym has a huge set. I asked him the same thing.

It SOOOO hard to explain, cause it has to be shown.

but here goes.

lie on a flat bench..... grab 10 pounds ..just for the initial feel.

what you gotta do is work it like a piston...basically,lie down on your side... on your shoulder and brace yourself so you can drop the weight ACROSS your chest ... so your lying on you left shoulder and your right arm is draped across your chest, now, bring the weight up in a arc to a position that if you were standing you arm would be parallel to the floor... but of course your layin down still.. now the trick is to have your elbow as twisted to peak the contraction at the last second.

DAMMIT... so hard to explain...let alone do.

hmmm, sorta like lying side laterals that arnold used to do.

ahhh fak it.

brain hurts.. just do reverse pec dec
    It's a good move but I disagree that it hardly has anything to do with weights. You're using a weight, it just doesn't have to be huge since you're using the leverage of a straight arm.

Based on the description it sounds like you're doing this:
    http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...DeltRaise.html

Close?

Noles12 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tyciol View Post
    It's a good move but I disagree that it hardly has anything to do with weights. You're using a weight, it just doesn't have to be huge since you're using the leverage of a straight arm.

Based on the description it sounds like you're doing this:
    http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...DeltRaise.html

Close?
    Please read the dates before posting. You are the first person to post on this thread in 6 years

BigBuck6 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Noles12 View Post
    Please read the dates before posting. You are the first person to post on this thread in 6 years
    I agree its been a long time since the last post but he is sharing an exercise that is very underutilized and could mean the difference in someone's routine.

Thread Information