xxluv2xlr8xx is offline New Member

Question bicep and forarm

Yea basically i want to know why this happens and if its something happening because of too much weight, incorrect form, overtraining or wutevers. Okay so here it goes, everytime i do barbell bicep curls when i lift it to like chest height (half way up) the bones in my forarm start to hurt, this just happend recently because i started to work bicep every 3-4 days. Has anyone else had this experience of pain in forarm bone?

KeyMastur is offline VET
    I get that too. When I press my finger up and down that bone there is a little pain. Try switching to an EZ curl bar or switching over to reverse curls. Strengthen your forearms as well in your workout - chicks dig it.

JRMY2711 is offline Associate Member
    do you work out forarms at least once a week

GenuinePL is offline Senior Member
    IMO I would think that your forearms are not strong enough for the weight that you use on your biceps.

I have a good genetic forearms (that's about it)

postel is offline Junior Member
    This is sign of week forearms my friend. The extensor digitorum and extensor carpi ulnaris are located at ther posterior of the forearm. These prevent the wrist from flexing during the bicep curl movement. By working your forearms on a weekly basis you wll find that the pain will disappear and in the long run you'll be able to handle more weight in the curl.

mishon1 is offline Associate Member
    i have that problem but i dont no what causes it. i think it might b typing on the cpu cause they shit will hurt n the same place when i type 4 a certain amount of time. not sure about that just a guess.

Ironweb is offline Member
    I had pain in my forearms when doing curls and was wondering why. I looked at how I did other things outside the gym. I found out that when I turned my steering wheel on my vehicle (i don't have power steering) I placed pressure on my forearms that I would not notice until I did bi's. I started turning my wheel with my hands under instead of over and that made the pain go away. So perhaps as in my case you are doing something that outside the gym that is causing that type of pain. Observe what you do.

Adonis is offline Associate Member
    Try holding exercises.
    I load the bar with 4 plates and place the bar a little above knee level, just lift the bar, hold for 10 seconds and try to squeeze your hand while you hold on to it.

Tell me how your forearm will be in 3 workouts.

This is good stuff bro, give it a try.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Originally posted by Adonis
    Try holding exercises.
    I load the bar with 4 plates and place the bar a little above knee level, just lift the bar, hold for 10 seconds and try to squeeze your hand while you hold on to it
    sorry bro, but we're not talkin about forearm curls. he's saying the pain is in regular bicep curls....

4 plates ??? how big are these plates ??

Vegas Kid is offline Senior Member
    I've had the same problem but it only really hurts when I put the weight back down on the floor and release the pressure. A gut at the gym told me he went to the doc and they said that he needed to stretch his forearms more. Place your palms facing eachother like you're going to pray and press one set of fingers against the other and vice versa, you should definetly feel a stretch. I've been doing it all day, so hopefully in a week I'll let you know if it worked.

Re: bicep and forarm

Originally posted by xxluv2xlr8xx
    everytime i do barbell bicep curls when i lift it to like chest height (half way up) the bones in my forarm start to hurt, this just happend recently because i started to work bicep every 3-4 days. Has anyone else had this experience of pain in forarm bone?
    As he stated in his post, his concern is with forarm pain when he does biceps curls.

Originally posted by KeyMastur
    sorry bro, but we're not talkin about forearm curls. he's saying the pain is in regular bicep curls....
    4 plates ??? how big are these plates ??
    If his forarm is hurting because he is not used to the heavy wheight when he does bicep curls than holding excersises will help put more strenght in them.

I was not refering to curling the bar, just holding it with a lot of wheight.
    As for the plates, I put 4 45lbs plates on each side, If you count the wheight of the bar it is your usual 405lbs.

I did not make this up and it has been used for severeal decades, if it sounded like I did, I'm sorry.

Take care bro.

KeyMastur is offline VET

Re: Re: bicep and forarm

I was not refering to curling the bar, just holding it with a lot of wheight. As for the plates, I put 4 45lbs plates on each side, If you count the wheight of the bar it is your usual 405lbs.

I did not make this up and it has been used for severeal decades, if it sounded like I did, I'm sorry.

so you're tellin me you can do this with 405 and hold it ???
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bicep and forarm-forearm-curl.jpg  

no, no, no ,no ,no!
    That would be insane bro!

It's like when you finished doing a deadlift, you are standing, your arms at your side(or front), just holding the bar.

Sorry for the confusion there.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    It's like when you finished doing a deadlift, you are standing, your arms at your side(or front), just holding the bar.

Sorry for the confusion there.
    phew.....ok, i know what you're talkin about now....for some reason i had it understood to be done like the pic showed......

so now i'll agree with you. holding that weight to the side helps to strengthen the shit out of your forearms....gives a good pump...

Originally posted by KeyMastur

phew.....ok, i know what you're talkin about now....for some reason i had it understood to be done like the pic showed......

Double phew!
    Just imagining doing that with 405lbs gave me chills on my back.

xxluv2xlr8xx is offline New Member
    thanks all for ur reply, its tru, i dun workout my forarm much cuz its so small and i ignore it, =P, and im 21 so i THINK it shouldn't be bone splint, weight i do isn't that heavy, like 60-80 barbell, so just gotta pump my forarm more, thanks!!

freakout is offline Associate Member

Thanks a lot! I used to do what Keymastur photo is showing though it is much much lighter...

Now I noe another good method to train my forearms... Time to revamp(a little bit) on my training methods..

Thread Information