Training style for contest preparation?

Whats going on fellas. I'm thinking of starting a new routine as I'm gonna start preparing for competition on my own. I've done the 1 muscle a week thing and it worked great for most of the time I was lifting just for size. Then I started the doing the small muscles 2x and big 1x a week going to the gym monday-saturday cardio 30min PWO sort of a getting myself used to the whole cardio thing and disciplining myself for the future. It's been 5 years since I started training and I'm ready to start preparing for competition but before I continue with my same basic training I would like to ask you guys that compete whats the most effective style of training? 1 muscle a day? EOD training? What do you guys suggest due to experience. Remember, Not trying to bulk here. Straight up contest prep. Depending on how I feel the effectiveness of the training will I proceed with competition in the next following months. I have 7 weeks before I start my Tren /Prop/Winny maybe throw in anavar cycle alongside w/ GH that I've been running for 13 weeks. Let me know. Thanks

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    I'd be interested in the responses we see here as well... most routines are for "bulking" and I'm going to be cutting fairly soon so I need to get my $hit together lol.

Amen to that bro. I was interested in the DC training but I don't know. I would think that kind of training was more effective for bulking and hitting the muscle once or even twice a week in diffrent angles would be better for competition prep traning although I could be wrong and thats why I'm here to ask cause I've never prepared for a contest....SO.......HELP! lol

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I lift just as hard pre-contest, as if you lift lighter your muscles will atrophy thinking they no longer have to push as much weight and stay as big.

I hit each muscle 2 times per week, but less volume than normal in each workout.

~SC~

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Personally i belive in normal training heavy training nomather if im bulking or cutting. Changing from 6 reps to 20 reps just seems silly.

To get some more flex in the muscles you could try 100reps the last week or so, cause then its just about getting a good pump.

SC, What would be an ideal brief routine for hitting the muscles twice a week & still letting yourself recover properly?

bump

Thread Information