Thread: Herniated Disc

RAM2500 is offline Member

Herniated Disc

Just got MRI back. herniated disc in C5 C6. Chiropractor says its ok to continue to lift and cycle. Anybody here lift with a herniated disc?

Ranger5 is offline Junior Member
    My wife has 2 herniated disks (c5, c6) and degenerative disk disease. She lifts 4 days a week. Lots of compound movements. I was nice for the first couple of weeks but now I push her like I would anybody else. Her Doctor says as long as it doesn't hurt lift away.

Has she done anything to repair it? Surg. Physical Therapy, Chiropractor? I have an appointment with a neurologist tuesday im gonna ask for the Epidural Steroid injection. Any comments?

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Had herniated disc. Worst year and a half of my life. Dr said sometimes they heal on their own. This one did. I stayed away from squats during that time. I think squats was the reason for the disc problem.
    Be carefull with it. If it hits your sciatic nerve, you will not be sleeping good anymore.

How is it now

What did you do to help make your go away.Did you do the Epidural Steroid Shot in the spin.

Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    Had herniated disc. Worst year and a half of my life. Dr said sometimes they heal on their own. This one did. I stayed away from squats during that time. I think squats was the reason for the disc problem.
    Be carefull with it. If it hits your sciatic nerve, you will not be sleeping good anymore.

RONINASAUNA is offline Associate Member
    I have 3 herniated discs due to poor form on deads and squats

only thing that made all of them get better was time.. and plenty of stretching every day, all day other than when working out.

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    This is why I am loving Swolecats leg routine!!1

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM2500
    What did you do to help make your go away.Did you do the Epidural Steroid Shot in the spin.

I stopped all leg exercises. I stopped doing incline push ups cause that seemed to inflame it. I also stopped certain stretching cause I noticed after I stretched (what the dr.s recommended) the pain was more severe and lasted longer.
    I made sure I didnt jump off any high obsticles. I made sure I didnt sleep on my side with my knees touching each other. Not good for the body.

I tried to avoid heavy lifting. Basically, I babied myself and took tons of advil and vicadin for a year. Sex life sucked cause advil makes it hard to keep an erection and even to cum.

I could have had surgery but I didnt have health insurance at the time. Luckily, it healed which in some cases, it doesnt.
    The jelly leaks out of the spine and gets pinched. When this jelly leaks out, it makes it hard for the bone to heal. Since the bone is fractured, jelly leaks out. Kind of a vicious unhealing cycle.

Thread Information