IamSuperman24 is offline Junior Member

O/T kind of..this is about hearing popping in my shoulder

Anyone have popping in their shoulders or any other joints, i feel it especially during exercises such as upright rows. Is this normal or what?!

swoll4589 is offline Member
    your prolly ok if theres no pain. If theres pain and weakness like hurts to take a shirt off or take a glass of the shelf you prolly have a torn rotator cuff. But if theres no pain i wouldnt worry about it my elbows used to pop all the time doing head bangers.

nj123 is offline Member
    my shoulders always pop, especially on shoulder presses. stretch them out real good and do some good warmups

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Like the guys above stated as long as it's not causing pain you are ok.

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by IamSuperman24
    Anyone have popping in their shoulders or any other joints, i feel it especially during exercises such as upright rows. Is this normal or what?!
    I get a constant click in my shoulders when I do latrels, don’t think its to serious,

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Sometimes you lack synovial joint fluid which will cause popping noises. Torn cartiledge/tendon can also be a cause. Just like that was said as long as there is no real sharp/dull pain you are good to go. Good efa's as a supp can help joints. My shoulders never pop and the shoulder girdle is the #1 area that is injury prone because of the complexity. For me my knees pop but then again I have most of my cartiledge removed and soon will be experiencing osetreo arthritis. Also do not bench with a excessive wide grip unless the weight is low and controlled otherwise you could be asking for trouble.

well, there may not be a problem now but thats how it started for me...and i ended up having 2 shoulder surgeries which basically ruined a year of my life. anyway strengthen the rotator cuff with very light cable exercises and work each part of the delt with strict form and moderate weights. For the rotator cuff do internal and external rotation with a slighty higher than waist cable, your arm bent at 90° fixed at your side and pull in towards your stomach never changing the angle, reverse the direction for external rotation.

IamSuperman24 is offline Junior Member
    sweet. thanks for the help

Bound for Muscle is offline Associate Member
    i would feel pain doing upright rows too, from what i've heard they're hard on the shoulders

Thread Information