bRKBEATz is offline Junior Member

Is this workout ok?

I'm 24 6'2" 165 lbs, looking to gain mass obviously

I have worked out in the past, but always end up quitting after around 6 months and losing all the muscle I've gained. This time I am determined to stick with it forever. Been doing this workout for about 2 months, seems to be going well so far.

Monday - Biceps/forearms
    Tuesday - Chest/triceps
    Wednesday - Legs
    Thursday - Shoulders/back
    Friday - Biceps/forearms

Sat & Sun I rest.

What do you guys think, my biceps need the most work which is why I work them twice a week. They also take a lot more work to get them sore than any other body part. I think this is enough rest for them in between workouts they are never still sore when I work them again.

No responses, I'll be more specific. Not sure exact name of all these excercises though.

Monday

4 sets preacher curls
    4 sets hammer curls
    4 sets straight bar standing curls
    4 sets forearm curls

Tuesday

4 sets bench
    4 sets incline bench
    4 sets skullcrushers
    4 sets thing where you hold a dumbell behind your head and raise it up

Wednesday

4 sets squats
    4 sets leg presses
    6 sets calf raises

Thursday

4 sets shoulder press
    4 sets dumbell press
    4 sets rows
    4 sets back excercise I dont know name of, hard to explain

Friday

4 sets preacher curls
    4 sets hammer curls
    4 sets straight bar standing curls
    4 sets forearm curls

All sets done to failure

I want to add in deadlifts but I'm kind of intimidated by them and don't know how to do them with the right form. Everyone ay my gym is pretty huge I'm the weakest theere pretty much every day. It stinks but helps me keep my eye on what I want for myself.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Deads are Asome! search around theres some threads on here that can help you out
    Too much bicept's, try doing bi's on bak day for like 2 excercises 3-4 sets each
    Need Flys on Chest day.
    Try to set up a nice shoulderday in there maybe shoulder press, bent over lateral raises and another shoulder excercise.
    Need Lunges on leg day.

Well my biceps are weird. Even when I work them really hard they only stay sore for a day, sometimes 2 days at most. It also takes a lot more to get them sore than other muscles.

Any suggestions for best kind of flys to do. Should I do dumbell flys lying on a bench?

No need to do bi's by themselves. Try training 2 muscles a day (back/bi's, shoulders/legs, chest/tri's OR back/tri's, shoulders/legs, chest/bi's). This way you can do everything twice a week, not just bi's. If you want your bi's to grow, hit those straight bar curls heavy and strict. As far as the deads, just ask someone in the gym to help you out, no shame in that at all...I've done it many times. Most people like answering questions and helping out anyway.
    Last edited by Big Poppa Pump; 03-24-2005 at 12:00 PM.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    ha last thing u need to do at ur size is over train thats worse than not training at all

Thread Information