lzicc is offline Senior Member

Opinions on my 5x5 routine

I need to change things up on my workout routine. It's getting stale. I started to do a 5x5 routine. What do you think? I feel like I am not doing enough, but it does take me anywhere from 40 to 50 minutes to complete each workout day. I lowered all my weight for the 5x5 excercises and will raise the weight every week. I am currenlty running a cycle.

Day 1:
    5x5 Bench Press
    2x8 Incline Bench Press
    2x8 Weighted Dips
    5x5 Close Grip Bench
    Tri Pulley Pushdowns

Day 2:
    5x5 Deadlifts
    2x8 Either Pullups or Pulldowns
    2x8 Bent Over Rows
    5x5 Standing EZ curl Barbell Curls
    2x8 Concentration Curls
    3x8 Shrugs

Day 4:
    5x5 Military Press Seated
    2x8 Dumbell Press
    2x8 Standing Lat Raises
    2x8 Bent Over Lat Raises
    5x5 Squats

Day 5:
    Off

Day 6:
    Start over

boondockSAINT is offline Associate Member
    I'd bump most of the 2x8's to 3x8's, but other than that it looks pretty decent.

Thanks bro. I think that is a good idea to bump it up to 3 cause I don't feel like I am doing enough. I should have enough rest in there I would think. Each muscle group would have a 4 day rest in between workouts. I worry about overtraining.

boondockSAINT is offline Associate Member
    Yeah I'm doing pretty much the same thing with 4 days rest inbetween (as opposed to 6 days rest if it was once a week) and I'm seeing the same gains per workout that I used to see. In other words, I'm increasing weights 5lbs about every 2 workouts, which is every 10 days now instead of 14, so it's working for me so far.

keithquig is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lzicc
    Thanks bro. I think that is a good idea to bump it up to 3 cause I don't feel like I am doing enough. I should have enough rest in there I would think. Each muscle group would have a 4 day rest in between workouts. I worry about overtraining.
    u said u were on a cycle right u really shouldnt be to worried about overtraining

That is correct. I am on test e and deca . I felt the same way. I just wanted to get some opinions on this. I really needed to change up my routing and try something different. I like to work out as much as possble while on a cycle to take advantage of it. I just want to make sure that I don't overtrain.

Quote Originally Posted by keithquig
    u said u were on a cycle right u really shouldnt be to worried about overtraining

Thread Information