DaGCHILD is offline Junior Member

Question about Swoles Bicep Protocol/Soreness-Growth

I have been back in the gym for about 7 weeks now after a long layoff( knee surgey, torn acl). I have been doing a back/bi split by doing 3 sets of flat bar curl, 3 sets of hammers DB's and I REALLY torch my biceps as swole recommended. I am going for mass and do heavy weights with about 6-7 reps with a spotter. I go very intense and use proper form and slow release. The first 3-4 weeks, my biceps were sore as hell, but my biceps havent been getting sore the past two-three back/bi workouts. At most I feel a little soreness when i squeeze and flex my bi's. All my other muscle groups, i.e chest, shoulers, back etc still get sore. So my question is this, Why arent my biceps getting sore anymore? Does this mean they arent growing? Does soreness = muscle growth? Am i doing anything wrong? Should I do biceps on a separate day now or switch exercises to shock my muscles?

All the help is appreciated. Please help me out as I am really confused about this, I hope swole can comment..Thanks

Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaGCHILD
    Does this mean they arent growing? Does soreness = muscle growth? Am i doing anything wrong? Should I do biceps on a separate day now or switch exercises to shock my muscles?
    From what i have read and I beleive it was swole who said but dont quote me. Soreness doesnt = muscle growth. I think this protocol like almost any other does need to be rotated every 6-8 weeks. I was doing 1 set bi/ 1 set tri blaster going back and forth for 3 sets and it shocked my arms and gave them a growth spurt. But after 8 weeks i needed to switch.

thanks for the input, any more help???

se11 is offline Associate Member
    I get my best results and feel the best when I change my routines. Try anything and everthing. For my biceps I usually like some sort of barbell curls; preacher, standing, or sitting concentration. I then like a dumbell motion; hammers or concentration. Then on some occassions I finish with a heavy set of negitave seated curls.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    You may experiment w/variations of the basics, yes, but remember that nothing will build mass like those direct mass building movements.

You can do "shaping" or "sculpting" exercises until the cows come home, but that's not going to build too much!

~SC~

hey swole. if ur still here....can u eloborate a little please! I just dont understand about my biceps not getting sore anymore...what does this mean? I'm going heavy, doing flat bar curls and DB's hammers, and reallly torching them, but the next or follwing days i feel very little in my biceps...whast going on?

is this a bad sign and means that i gotta switch up my exercies or is this a good sign and means my muscles are growing? do i need to switch up and shock my biceps so i will get sore? Im just confused can comeone answer my exact question....if i dont get sore, does this mean i gotta switch up my routine as in the case with my biceps?

Beefkake31 is offline Member
    It's funny how none of the answers you got had anything to do with what you were asking. I told you you were going to get answers that still left you confused G.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Soreness is many times a good indicator of fiber breakdown called DOMS which wil last for days. Soreness after the workout/during is usally lactic acid lactate known as OMS. However just because you do not get any soreness does not equal a ineffective workout. Besides it is normal to get the soreness following a long layoff so you have reached a point that your body may of plateau. Try a different exercise, rep or just work the bi once every 7-10 days if posssible. One cannot be sore ALL the time escpecially bi's.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkake31
    It's funny how none of the answers you got had anything to do with what you were asking. I told you you were going to get answers that still left you confused G.
    Then why don't you offer up an answer?

Nothing educational/practical to say?

I answered him by saying he could swich up exercises, then go back to the basics for the core of the work. Soreness is NOT an indicator of growth, so he shouldn't fret either way.

I've looked for your educational/instructional offerings here, but I've come up w/nothing.

I guess you're just a failed comedian out of work?

~SC~

SC, he cannot offer anything of substance so he will only say what comes natural to him which is almost nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Then why don't you offer up an answer?

Nothing educational/practical to say?

I answered him by saying he could swich up exercises, then go back to the basics for the core of the work. Soreness is NOT an indicator of growth, so he shouldn't fret either way.

I've looked for your educational/instructional offerings here, but I've come up w/nothing.

I guess you're just a failed comedian out of work?

~SC~
    uhh, relax, don't get to sensitive on me now. I know the guy and he was asking me why he didn't get a response to his answer. I didn't know the answer and I'm ok with it, I don't know everything. He already asked me and I didn't know so I told him to ask the board. But you juuust mentioned that soreness is not an indicator of growth which was the question being asked. I just did that so someone will answer the question directly for once. Good to see it worked

thanks for that post beef, i was gettin frustrated cuz of the answers i was getting... swole and thunder, beef was just tryin to get some direct answers abut the soreness issues and now i did, thanks

Remember to be patient for answers.

This is a message board. So, realistically, no one OWES anyone anything, but we do help when we have time. (Vets, those in the know, etc.)

It has nothing to do w/being "sensitive", but it has everything to do w/being respectful and mindful of those around you who DO know and who WILL provide answers when the time permits.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Remember to be patient for answers.

This is a message board. So, realistically, no one OWES anyone anything, but we do help when we have time. (Vets, those in the know, etc.)

It has nothing to do w/being "sensitive", but it has everything to do w/being respectful and mindful of those around you who DO know and who WILL provide answers when the time permits.

~SC~
    You're right no one OWES anyone anything but after all it is a message board and people do come here for answers (especially from mods and vets who are here to help). I was never being disrespectful to you or anyone else who replied on the thread, I know the guy and did it to get an answer.

My only problem was, when you say to be patient for answers, I understand sometimes you don't have the time sometimes to answer some threads but when you do answer in a thread (and this isn't directed to you only SC, this is in general) I obviously get the understanding that you did have the time to reply but the post didn't answer the question in the thread. It's not like you were going to respond with another post about soreness after that first response that had to do with the mass building exercises. Anyway, not disrespecting anyone, just saying it's weird how many times members especially new ones post about something that had nothing to do with the original post. If it was in the air lounge then that is understandable. All I'm saying is people should read the original posts more carefully and try to answer the main questions at hand. Obviously SC you do know your shi.t , never questioned that, just being real with what I noticed in the thread.

Peace

No problem Beefkake31..

Thread Information