Royd is offline New Member

Please critique my workout routine.

Hi guys , I have done a workout for myself and have followed it for about a year , but I had a lower back operation about 2 years ago so I have to be very carefull when doing squats or deadlifts ( hence the low weights) .

Anyway I want to put on plenty of muscle so should I follow my current program ?

PS I'm 32 yrs old and , 6"1 and 260

MY WORKOUT
    Last edited by Royd; 03-25-2005 at 03:44 AM.

Anyone ? , should I atleast stick with the same routine or am I on the wrong track.....

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member
    the workout looks like a pretty basic workout...i dont see why it wouldnt put on muscle, assuming ur diet is in order....try it out and see what happens, the only thing i would change would be maybe cut down on the sets on a few exercises and add other exercises, like chest u have 2 exercises and 5 sets each, try going 3 exercises at about 3 sets each, one other thing is u seem to be doing alot of sets/reps in one day maybe try spreading it out over a couple days so u dont overtrain....other then that i dont see a reason why u would be on the wrong track....stick to ur routine and check ur results after a while, if the progress isnt there then switch it up. as for now though, looks like it should work
    Last edited by TheDfromGC; 03-25-2005 at 05:50 PM.

Much appreciated "TheDfromGC" ,

I have been doing this program for about a year and I am increasing my lifting weight on nearly every exercise weekly , but lately I have noticed that my upper middle back (Rhomboids) is little flat from my side profile and my Triceps have stopped growing even though I am increasing the lifting weight weekly. From the back my arms look a little thin compared to the width of my back , any ideas ?

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Royd
    Much appreciated "TheDfromGC" ,

I have been doing this program for about a year and I am increasing my lifting weight on nearly every exercise weekly , but lately I have noticed that my upper middle back (Rhomboids) is little flat from my side profile and my Triceps have stopped growing even though I am increasing the lifting weight weekly. From the back my arms look a little thin compared to the width of my back , any ideas ?
    terms of middle back the best exercises are rowing movements with usually closer grip, bent over barbell rows, t-bar rows, seated rows, etc.... i dont know about what u can and cant do with ur injuries but try some of these out and see what works and what doesnt. as for triceps, just try different things to stimulate them... try adding skullcrushers to a workout or some dips, weighted if just ur body isnt enough, try and keep ur body more vertical when doing dips to hit the tris more instead of lower chest....

Thanks again

Thread Information