mikeCbrooke is offline Junior Member

Ever feel like you cheated yourself?

So today was my chest and Tri's day. i was all pumped up ready to shred, being that im only working one 1-2 groups a day.

i went in with my normal routine, and after i was done I felt like i had cheated myself outa a proper workout. this is what i did......

Flat Bench
    set 1 : 12 reps
    set 2: 10 reps
    set 3: 8 reps
    set 4: 6 reps
    set 5: 4 reps........as heavy as i could take it

Incline dumbell press
    same guideline as above

Dumbell Flys
    same guideline as above

My weights were heavy "for me" anyway.........and i just didnt get that pump!

any ideas on a change up would be great

Im going into week 3 of a sustanon 250 only cycle....500 a week, or 250 every 3rd day. I took 2 days off prior to today and...I dont know, Im just pissed off feeling like i cheated myself, maybee i'll break somthing!...lol just kidding! i wanna go back in the gym and start all over again!

also, this is my first cycle and first bulking training ive done.....i seem to be gaining a little too much fat around my waist..........is cardio of during bulking, or should I just finish it out, and cut later!

thanks!

I know the feeling, it can be frustrating I personally try and keep it fresh in my mind to give me a goal and something to focus on next time round.

As for something to change, could always try different exercises, or higher reps on a few sets. Change is always good.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    If it was chest/tricep day, where is the tricep work?

You did more than enough chest work, that's for sure.

Too much actually if you used max intensity.

~SC~

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Your chest routine looks a lot like mine but I didn't see any ticep in there....did you forget to post that part? Your chest should have felt something at least.

mikeCbrooke is offline Junior Member
    Tri workout consisted of.....

5 sets of skull crushers
    5 sets of "I call them' kick backs
    5 sets of close grip bench

all in about the same rotation of my chest workout..........10-8-6 reps adding more weight as i went.

i woke up this morning with a good soreness i guess, just last evening after my work out i didnt get that "Pump"...i did however get it in my tri's.....just my chest I felt like I cheated.

Ever since I started bulking my pecks seem to have gotten softer, I guess from the excess fat/water..........I feel em growing, but dont like the way they look, not so sure i like this whole bulking thing!

redmeat is offline Senior Member
    Who cares if you don't get a pump. A pump just means you have blood flushing into the muscles, it has nothing to do with actual muscle growth.

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    also check on how ur doin ur reps. dont half ass them. on bench go all the way down, not just half way. make sure ur makin controlled movements in each rep.

Well for chest, you can't really do too many different exercises, the substitutes just don't cut it. So sticking with your basic movements, flat, incline, flyes, (decline if it makes u feel better too); change the order in which you do your exercises (doing dumbbell flyes first is one I like to do), switch from barbells to dumbbells every few weeks, incorporate heavy dropsets on your last sets.

Tushe is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by redmeat
    Who cares if you don't get a pump. A pump just means you have blood flushing into the muscles, it has nothing to do with actual muscle growth.
    Can anyone confirm if this is true?

T.

Thread Information