HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member

6-8 week change, is this enough?

ok for example
    my chest workout is as follows

incline bench
    db incline press
    flat bench
    incline hammer strength

I'm beefin up the upper chest, but anyways my question is would alternating these exercises say instead of doing bar incline first, switch to db press first would this be enough of a shock after about 6-8 weeks of the above program???
    Last edited by crosby7117; 03-25-2005 at 05:37 PM.

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member
    after 6-8 weeks of what??? the way u worded ur question is hard to understand

Quote Originally Posted by TheDfromGC
    after 6-8 weeks of what??? the way u worded ur question is hard to understand

o sorry 6-8 weeks with those exercises in that order!

the thing is, u can focus on one area without neglecting another. just because u want ur upper chest to grow i wouldnt just completely eliminate all other presses that dont include the upper chest area, adding different angles/exercises is one of the best way to shock muscles and keep everything growing....that workout does look good but add a decline press in or maybe weighted dips, so in ur workout u might be doing 3 incline exercises to focus on ur uppper chest but then keep a couple of flat AND decline movements to help stimulate the growth all over, as the great SC once said ur body tends to grows in proportion, meaning stimulating only one part will not yield as much results as stimulating everything overall would...

Quote Originally Posted by TheDfromGC
    the thing is, u can focus on one area without neglecting another. just because u want ur upper chest to grow i wouldnt just completely eliminate all other presses that dont include the upper chest area, adding different angles/exercises is one of the best way to shock muscles and keep everything growing....that workout does look good but add a decline press in or maybe weighted dips, so in ur workout u might be doing 3 incline exercises to focus on ur uppper chest but then keep a couple of flat AND decline movements to help stimulate the growth all over, as the great SC once said ur body tends to grows in proportion, meaning stimulating only one part will not yield as much results as stimulating everything overall would...

the problem with that is i have a really big chest and one of the reasons it looks so big is because the lower half is very thick, i have to build up the upper region, because it my bottom half grows any more it wion't look right!

Quote Originally Posted by crosby7117
    the problem with that is i have a really big chest and one of the reasons it looks so big is because the lower half is very thick, i have to build up the upper region, because it my bottom half grows any more it wion't look right!

i see, well i guess if u only wanted to use those u could, one thing id suggest is possibly getting a partner while training and since ur sticking to those exercises start doing things like negatives or drop sets with those exercises every other week or so just to keep ur muscles guessing...

Thread Information