kikiboi is offline Junior Member

trying to cut how does this sound.

i know diet is the biggest factor hear, so i plan on eating 6 meals a day, 2 of those meals consisiting of a protein shake and then one pwo shake as well, so a total of 3.

so my meals would consist like this:
    morning: 6 egg whites, 1/2 cup oatmeal w/tblespn peanut butter, 1 scoop whey protein
    2-3 hrs later: muscle milk shake
    1hr later cardio and weight training.
    pwo: 2 scoops whey protein
    2hrs later: chkn breast, 1/2 cup of rice
    3-4 later: lean meat, rice
    3 hrs later: lean meat, veggies
    before sleep: muscle milk shake, 1 tblspn flax oil

how does that diet sound.

also i still want to lift heavy because i want to get my lifting numbers up, with this kind of diet as well as cardio cause me to lose muscle mass at all?

i wanted to break my weightlifting like this:
    1st week: endurance so 12-18 reps
    2nd week: hypertrophy: 8-12 reps
    3rd week: mass: 4-6 reps
    and would continue back up again. this is breaking down each group:
    mon: cardio, quads, hams, calves
    tues: pectorial, light on triceps
    weds: cardio, back, traps
    thurs: deltoid
    fri: cardio
    sat: rest
    sun: arms, light triceps

i was hoping with that workout schdule it would help me lean out and cut up, as well as build some muscle on me, i am not talking huge muscle but like 10-20 lbs in a year

does that sound good to you guys? please give me some feedback.
    Last edited by kikiboi; 08-30-2005 at 08:26 AM.

Zapp is offline Banned
    Bro....You're only getting around 100g of protein from food. The rest is shakes. Not good IMO. How much do you weigh?

i weight 190 with 14 percent body fat. 6 feet tall. and i dont think its 100 grams for protein from just food, around 150 g, and 150 from shakes. so half and half. and reason why i chose muscle milk is because it has both whey and casin proteins. so most of my protein will be slow absorbing protein, w/ exception from whey for my pwo.

Zapp is offline Banned
    6 egg whites...30g
    chicken breast....30
    lean meat.....will be around 30
    Looks like 90 to me. Oh and the pb....not sure, but it's sure not 60g to make it 150. You are relying too much on shakes. I would be getting at the least 200g from food alone.

i believe 8oz of chicken breast has close to 50g, i could be totally wrong. but i know your right zapp, i will add another meal in there.

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    hmm.. alot to look at, you claim you don't want to gain alot of muscle "only 10-20lbs per year". That is considered a large muscle gain. Try 5 lbs w/your diet and training. I think with your routine you will be overtraining as well. Don't understand why you isolate delts, one of your smaller muslce groups for a whole day, yet put legs all in one day? And coming off of a Sun. heavy triceps how will you work chest again on Tues? These are just things that stick out, go to the workout forum and take a look at some of the routines for what you are trying to accomplish. I won't repeat what Zapp said but you deff. rely on supps too much. You are barely eating any real food inbetween morning time and night. Not trying to diss everything your doing but there are much better options.

thanks for your help. what would you change?

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    You will receive a lot of diff. opinions on this, I might suggest if you have the finances available seek help with SwoleCat or someone else that build diet and workout programs for members on the board. There is just way to much to go over and teach with a few posts. Do your research and you will figure out which route is best for you. The information is more than available here on this website. goodluck.

thank you ibdmfkr. i sent a pm to swolecat.

Thread Information