jgg1221 is offline Member

going light on my shoulders

i typically do a shoulder press... around 4-6 sets depending on my energy level

lately ive been getting some tenderness, light pain in my shoulders... nothing too severe but it is concerning

i was wondering for some opinions on this:

think i should take like a 2 week break off doing a shoulder press
    and from there on just do it every other week?

and maybe stay off incline benching for a week or two?

Juddman is offline Anabolic Member
    I would cut down on sets...I only normally do 2 or 3 at the most. Joint pain or delt muscle pain?

jgg1221 is offline Member
    im not sure if its either, it just kind of hurts deep inside of it

its fine to move it... most comes up the day after lifting

Ridla is offline Associate Member
    get ot checked out asap...might be a rotator cuff???

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    hey man i used to get the same ****, id even get it after my chest day. I would suggest going to GNC(i know its over priced) and buy their glucosamine chondrotin with vitamin c, i know u can go to costco n get a hudge bottle of glucosamine for cheap, but this stuff really worked for me, take 3 in the morn with breakfast and in 2 days u should feel a big difference, it may be mental but this is the only stuff that works for me, and it works EXTREMLY well

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    have you tried deca ?

hahaha nah im still natural up to this point

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    j/k but if they're bothering you i would def. stick to lateral raises, upright rows, deadlifts (traps); **** like that and then after a couple of weeks lift a few sets of 8-12 reps and see how they feel.

i've dislocated my right shoulder a few times and sometimes b4 my bench got more refined i would have this really bad pain in my shoulder (in the pec/delt tie-in) when i did bench, but more often 180 degree flyes. once that happens i would just have to back off until they were normal again- which was usually only a couple of days.

you might also wanna try lightly working the rotator cuffs, and make sure you don't do behind the neck presses because those can be bad anyways but with shoulder pain you're just asking for an injury.

where exactly is the pain? is it in the muscles or the tendons or ligaments? that could help.

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    Quote Originally Posted by jgg1221
    i typically do a shoulder press... around 4-6 sets depending on my energy level

lately ive been getting some tenderness, light pain in my shoulders... nothing too severe but it is concerning

i was wondering for some opinions on this:

think i should take like a 2 week break off doing a shoulder press
    and from there on just do it every other week?

and maybe stay off incline benching for a week or two?
    i used to get a simmilar pain. I worked through it and the poundages quickly went up but so did the pain I managed to really mess up my shoulders. I cant do regular shoulder presses anymore. if i were you i wouldnt do anything that hurts. You shoulder joint is not a particualrly robust joint. Dont go out of your way to mess it up, because once you do it's never 100% again.

ryamigo is offline Junior Member
    i had the same pain in my shoulder. it was joint related. this is what i did:
    I iced it for 20 minutes 2 twice a day
    I had to quit working my delts. pretty much every delt exercise agrivates the cuff.
    I did those rotator cuff exercises, kept my upper arm to my side while taking like a 5 pound weight, in sort of a hammer curl position but instead of going up and down moving it side to side
    i stayed away from flyes and incline bench and used a little bit closer grip on bench, decline bench (did 3 sets on each)

plus yea, i took glucosamine/chondroitin too

it was good in a month.

thats what i did tho, but i did it RIGHT when i started feelin a little nagging pain. let it go too long and you're fukt.

i dont know what the problem is, but i know when i take glucosamine/chondoitin after 3 days the pain pretty much went away, maybe its just me

Thread Information