HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member

prioritizing upper chest

here's my routine for bulking up the upper chest please critique

incline smith (i don't have a partner so i have to use the smith)
    db incline press
    flat smith
    incline hammer strength (i was thinking about changing this to heavy incline flyes)

what do you guys think?

justin2305 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crosby7117
    here's my routine for bulking up the upper chest please critique

incline smith (i don't have a partner so i have to use the smith)
    db incline press
    flat smith
    incline hammer strength (i was thinking about changing this to heavy incline flyes)

what do you guys think?
    rule #1 deff. if u are bulking, ALWAYS HAVE A SPOTER, not only to keep u from droping 200lbs on ur head but also so u can push as much weight untill failure, if u want to hit the $hit out of that upper chest this is what i would do
    first i would alternate using dumbbells and barbells for ur incline to shock ur muscles every once in a while so one day do just dumbbell incline IMO i dont see y u would do barbell and dumbbell incline in one day but thats just me, keep in mind ur bulking so i would keep the reps between 4-8 per set maybe 2sets of 8 2sets of 6 and a set of 4 whichever u want. i would also do incline flys with half way heavy weight maybe keep the rep range b/t 8-12ish, and one more for upper chest that works great is dumbbell over head extentions where u lay like half way on the bench and raise the weight over ur head and chest. ill aways change each wk for ex. ill start with flat bench one day so ill be at full potential and be able to hit it hard then the next wk start with incline so ur at 100% strenght, other than that i think ull be good to go good luck bud

CastorTroy is offline Junior Member
    Yeah in regards to the smith machine, I would just ask someone there to spot me, especially if you are trying to build mass, the smith doesn't allow the stabilizer muscles to come into play.

justin2305 is offline Senior Member
    oh ya i totally forgot bout the smith machine, lol bro thats garbage dont use it, im sure u can find some dude in the gym that will spot u if not get one of ur lazy a$$ friends off there butt and go up there with ya lol

Thread Information