insanepump621 is offline Member

alternatives to deadlifts? bad back

Due to working for my dads steel company I get very bad back pains from bending down and etc. everyday mainly in my lowerback and everytime i do deadlifts it just kills sometimes I just close my eyes and screech throught the pain but sometimes i just cant do it does anyone have ne good alternatives for deadlifts ne help would be appreciated thank

I'd see a doctor, a back is something you don't wanna fck with. You can really mess yourself up permanently.

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by insanepump621
    Due to working for my dads steel company I get very bad back pains from bending down and etc. everyday mainly in my lowerback and everytime i do deadlifts it just kills sometimes I just close my eyes and screech throught the pain but sometimes i just cant do it does anyone have ne good alternatives for deadlifts ne help would be appreciated thank

Back pain from working or from steroids ?

Hyperextensions target the lower back as well, but it doesn't give you that all around workout that deads do....nothing is better, and nothing is harder. However if your back is that messed up do what the other guys said and see a doctor.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Have you tried Roman Dead Lifts? It's rare to see anyone doe these but I like them. And I have a really bad back.

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut
    Have you tried Roman Dead Lifts? It's rare to see anyone doe these but I like them. And I have a really bad back.
    romanian deadlifts are really a hamstring exercise. I do them........for my hamstrings. If deads are hurting his back, these wont be much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime
    romanian deadlifts are really a hamstring exercise. I do them........for my hamstrings. If deads are hurting his back, these wont be much better.
    True, forgot about that fact...kinda out of it this morning. Thanks for catching that Prime.

Hyper-extents are about the only thing I can think of at the moment. At least not without some specilized equipment....like those bars with square built into them that you can stand in....what the hell do they call those those bars?

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut
    True, forgot about that fact...kinda out of it this morning. Thanks for catching that Prime.

Hyper-extents are about the only thing I can think of at the moment. At least not without some specilized equipment....like those bars with square built into them that you can stand in....what the hell do they call those those bars?
    shrug/trap bars?
    There are a few back raise machines around these days too, but they dont really compare to good old deadlifts.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails alternatives to deadlifts? bad back-oly-shrug-bar.jpg  

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Yes, there is a alternative abeit not unlike deads . First is the lower hyper back machine. Use heavy and have a spotter assist the weight if need be. Secondly, Good Mornings. I usally advocate against as risk of injury is prevalent. However, done correctly leaving your ego at the front door can help. Chains can be used to help catch the bar. Standard good mornings keep your knees slightly bent but advance form can be locked. practice with a broom stick, progress with a 45lb bar.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    if you keep ur back rigid it should actually be less detrimental than back extensions.
    Proper form > all

That's it Prime. Thanks.

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    You can search I remeber seeing a cable deadlift for people with bad backs!! Try www.abcbodybuilding.com I don't know how it would work though

Thread Information