newbrew is offline Senior Member

Cardio right before workout?

For the next 5 weeks (actually ends up being the last part of this cycle) it would be Much more convienent if I did everything in the morning...1hr cardio and 1hr weight lifting.

What negatives will I experience from this?

I figure I can just eat a small breakfast to help muscle maintance...perhaps 1cup oatmeal and some fruit.

Anything else you would suggest?

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    The small breakfast without protein will not help muscle maintenance much, if at all.

You will definately be fatigued for your workout after a full hour of cardio, I wouldn't recommend it.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    yeah if u do cardio prework out its like removing all gas from your car and trying to drive it around the world GL!
    just lift 3 days cardio 3 days go have fun
    i.e. Push/cardio/Pull/cardio/Legs/cardio

shango88 is offline Associate Member
    Agreed.

After about an hour of exercise your body becomes very catabolic. Its always best to spilt your cardio from your weights. Best things is cardio AM weights PM. Or do cardio on different days.
    If your stuck Its not going to kill you to do it all at once but its far from Ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    yeah if u do cardio prework out its like removing all gas from your car and trying to drive it around the world GL!
    Well said Tai! !! but you might want to change it to
    Push/Cardio/Legs/cardio/Pull/Cardio!

Well said Tai! !! but you might want to change it to
    Push/Cardio/Legs/cardio/Pull/Cardio!

I may do something like that actually. Cept I like to do bi's/tri's together and chest/back

Quote Originally Posted by newbrew
    I may do something like that actually. Cept I like to do bi's/tri's together and chest/back
    nah you should do coinsiding muscle groups to gain most benifit because you are utilizing them anyways... might as well take it to the max and get the most bang for you bux.
    start w/ big muscle groups work your way down to smaller ones

nah you should do coinsiding muscle groups to gain most benifit because you are utilizing them anyways... might as well take it to the max and get the most bang for you bux.
    start w/ big muscle groups work your way down to smaller ones
    the problem i have with doing chest/tri's for example is by the time that I get to my tri's (doing chest first) they are already somewhat burnt out. I tend to not get nearly as good of a tri workout. Shrug, thats just me.

shango88 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by newbrew
    the problem i have with doing chest/tri's for example is by the time that I get to my tri's (doing chest first) they are already somewhat burnt out. I tend to not get nearly as good of a tri workout. Shrug, thats just me.
    Thats exactly why you pair them that way. Otherwise you will be working them two days in a row and you can get into over training issues. If you keep your workouts to 45min-1hour you should have enough gas to get through a chest/tri routine no prob.
    It was said above. Big muscle groups first. Stick to compound movments as much as you can. Bench, squats, deadlifts, millitary ect

Chest/Tris
    Shoulders/Bis
    Back/Legs

Good luck bro,
    How has the cycle been so far?

Agreed. I try to tell people at my gym this all the time but they just get upset and pertend that they know what they're doing. Funny, they love to ask me questions about AS

Quote Originally Posted by The Massacre
    Agreed. I try to tell people at my gym this all the time but they just get upset and pertend that they know what they're doing. Funny, they love to ask me questions about AS
    oh i love it, been a personal trainer for 6years now and people still come up to me and are like "Thats going to hurt your rotator cuff, BTW where can i get some JUICE man" but yea bent over later'raises are BAD for you dont do them

Anyways i wouldnt do Shoulders and bi's together because the majority of all back excercises are bicept intensive therein i would save bi's for back to prevent over training and put in some later'raises and arnold presses on chest/tri day. this will free up one day for cardio probably increase your gains by decreasing Possibility of overtraining and give you more time to rest and recooperate to allow for greater intensity in each resistance training session.

Taiboxa, whats your routine split? Sorry for the hi-jack brotha

Thanks for the reply's. I will def take the suggestions into consideration.

The cycle has been great...my strength gains are up quite a bit, ive put on almost 20 pounds in 7 weeks (test e) and it keeps coming.

What would you work shoulders with?

Shoulders/traps. Thats how I do it.

Usually my routine would be like this...
    M- Chest/tris,
    T- Back/bis
    W- OFF
    TH- Legs,
    F- Shoulders/TRaps

Quote Originally Posted by The Massacre
    Shoulders/traps. Thats how I do it.
    What are some of your favorite trap workouts?

I've been genetically gifted with traps some say. That was the first thing I ever developed as a rookie and it was sort of like they just responded to nothing. I do 1 excersize/4sets of smith machine shrugs and maybe when I'm not lazy I do rear traps the same way.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Quote Originally Posted by shango88

Chest/Tris
    Shoulders/Bis
    Back/Legs
    Ehh i dunno about that, deadlifts, rows and squats on the same day don't sound too good to me.

I do my cardio after I train all the time, I benefit more from an extra hour of sleep in the am, less sleep makes you lose muscle too.

Thread Information