solrac6262 is offline Associate Member

how many days to rest ?

I just did my back and tricep's workout on saturday rest sunday and start again is it ok to do back and tris again on wednesday or should I rest and then do back
    what is best
    ?

Juddman is offline Anabolic Member
    I go by feel. If I feel like its ready, its ready. As long as I did my legs, shoulder, chest sometime in between.

I'm gonna start doing a 2 days on/ 1 day off. I used to do 5 up to 6 days straight.

solrac6262 is offline Associate Member
    How many days does every muscle needs to recover I think chest its like 5 days am I correct how about the other muscles ?

Juddman is offline Anabolic Member
    I've read the lower back is the slowest to recover, up to 7 days...and biceps are fastest. I still normally only do each muscle 1x every 5-7 days, except for calves which I do every 3 days. I would think everybody is different in their recovery time.

lzicc is offline Senior Member
    I myself go by how I feel though. I do each muscle group twice every 8 days. I am however on a cycle. Off cycle I need to lower the volume though. I can feel a big difference off cycle compared to on cycle. Here is an article I found that may help:

Get adequate rest before working the same muscle group again.
    Heavy and intense weight training produces microscopic fiber damage to the muscles. It is this damage and rebuilding which causes a muscle to get bigger and stronger. Without proper rest between workouts of the same muscle group, you will not recover sufficiently to handle placing more overload on that muscle group. Again, if your muscles cannot handle the overload, results are diminished. You should wait at least five to seven days between working the same muscle group. If you train biceps on Monday, wait until the following Monday to ensure they are rested enough. Training them prior may create an over training environment. Remember that they will get worked while performing other exercises, so they actually are not fully resting all week. One of the most important things you can do for yourself is to start "listening" to how your body feels. You are lifting for progress, not just for the act of li! fting some weight. If a muscle group is still very sore, there is still some fiber damage creating that soreness that needs to heal. Training with sore muscles is like trying to shovel your way out of a hole. You get nowhere fast. Taking an extra day off to rest will ensure the next day's workout produce results.

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    Quote Originally Posted by solrac6262
    I just did my back and tricep's workout on saturday rest sunday and start again is it ok to do back and tris again on wednesday or should I rest and then do back
    what is best
    ?

yes, 4 days

5 days man check out "Designing A Resistance Training Program" book

brew035 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by solrac6262
    what is best
    ?
    plenty of time 4 days will work.

HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brew035
    plenty of time 4 days will work.

you have to also take into consideration that you're hitting your tri's with chest, and bi's with back, and shoulders with back and chest!

Quote Originally Posted by crosby7117
    you have to also take into consideration that you're hitting your tri's with chest, and bi's with back, and shoulders with back and chest!
    True he could be overtraining. Didnt think of that right at first.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    4 days may be way to quick for some but okay for others because rest times are NOT written in stone. So many factors ie., recovery rate, post nutrition, routine, intensity, age, experience ect... Just because your soreness has gone(if there was any) does not still mean it is okay to work it out again so one more day rest is not going to hurt you.

HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brew035
    True he could be overtraining. Didnt think of that right at first.
    they way i look at it, it if you're getting a pump in that muscle, then it's being hit! for example, when you're doing chest, blood enters the shoulders and tri's, you may not be working them to their highest capacity but none the less you are putting stress on the muscle which must result in time to recover!

Quote Originally Posted by crosby7117
    they way i look at it, it if you're getting a pump in that muscle, then it's being hit! for example, when you're doing chest, blood enters the shoulders and tri's, you may not be working them to their highest capacity but none the less you are putting stress on the muscle which must result in time to recover!
    Thats why I do:
    legs
    chest/tri
    off
    back/bi
    off
    shoulders
    off
    That way I dont have to worry about it.

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    you gotta be REALLY carefully when people sa dont lift if you feel sore. I know the first few weeks back in the gymm after taking 2 weeks off(every so oftern illt ake 2 weeks off) if i do chest on monday, the following monday i still feal very sore, but after i lift i feel MUCH better, it stretches the muscle out and to be honest it feels great workingout if ur alittle sore. But after a month or 2 i guess the articles correct, once ur back in "gym Shape" u shouldnt feel sore after 7 days, just my 2 cents, and how my body reacts

Thread Information