ShereKhan is offline New Member

Any suggestions on how to built up enought power to do chins

Aight Bruthas,

Do you guys have any good exe. for the lats.

I now the chins are good, but as I have not trained for 2years, and I cant do them any more (to F***** weak in my lats and bis or just to heavy

Any suggestions on how to buit up enought power to do chins

Basta luc

AVAGO is offline Member
    Lat pull downs and as suggested the other day by i cant remember who work on the negative part of the pull down slowly

Quote Originally Posted by AVAGO
    Lat pull downs and as suggested the other day by i cant remember who work on the negative part of the pull down slowly
    I do the lat pull down but I don`t think they are that great.

I recon the chins are by far better or I am way off....

Thanks for reply

AVAGO is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ShereKhan
    I do the lat pull down but I don`t think they are that great.

I recon the chins are by far better or I am way off....

Thanks for reply

Sorry i meant do the negative part of the pull up i.e. stand on a bench or suttin and 'preload' youself on the pull up bar and just lower yourself down slowly 3 seconds "negative part" and reapeat you should soon have the strength to achieve pull ups

Quote Originally Posted by S.P.G
    Dead lifts cant beat em,,
    Huh... Deadlift for wider back.....That`s new to me....

Deadlift will mainly built a thick back right.....

Any comments on this answer.....

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    If you have a pullup assited machine then use one of these and try and reduce the assistance each time untill you no longer need to use any. Alternativley if you dont have one of these you could get a step and perform negative pullups.

lzicc is offline Senior Member
    Deadlifts are good for traps, lower back and thickens the back. I would try and do at least 1 chin and just keep trying. If you can't do a full one, just keep trying till you can. That's what I did and I now do weighted chins/pullups. Lat pulls will help out somewhat, but they are not nearly as good. Good luck.

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    Quote Originally Posted by S.P.G
    Dead lifts cant beat em,,
    Deadlifts are a great exercise for the back but i dont see how they will increace his ability to perform chins.

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime
    If you have a pullup assited machine then use one of these and try and reduce the assistance each time untill you no longer need to use any. Alternativley if you dont have one of these you could get a step and perform negative pullups.

that or just hang on pullup bar in top contracted position to build up strength

Quote Originally Posted by Prime
    Deadlifts are a great exercise for the back but i dont see how they will increace his ability to perform chins.

yeah, did you read the question s.p.g???

brew035 is offline Associate Member
    when doing chins get someone to hold on to your legs and spot you untill you can do them your self. Do 50 reps no matter how many times it takes you to accomplish(sp) it. I see people doing this in the gym and some of them are pretyy wide. You can try doing pullovers not sure if they will widen you but your lats sure hurt like a mofo the next day.
    Are you doing chins first? If not this could be a good reason for not being able to do them.

i couldnt do them 2 months ago... I started just trying them, I couldn't do even one rep fully so i would pull up as high as I could for that one rep and hold myself there, lowering as slowly as I could now I'm doing sets of 12-15. The best way to learn something is by doing...

Quote Originally Posted by El Jugo Buen0
    i couldnt do them 2 months ago... I started just trying them, I couldn't do even one rep fully so i would pull up as high as I could for that one rep and hold myself there, lowering as slowly as I could now I'm doing sets of 12-15. The best way to learn something is by doing...
    Wow, in 2 months you have add 12-15 reps on chins, thats really good.

Did you do foreced reps?
    Last edited by ShereKhan; 03-30-2005 at 02:12 PM.

devilmanT is offline New Member
    El Jugo Buen0, and others, how often is it okay to do pullups in the begining? Are you guys doing them every day until you get them up to speed, or are you just training them every day you train back? Thanks, my pullups need major work as well.

Also, what is the difference between a chin and a pullup?

E

Flexor is offline Banned
    A chin is usually an underhand, whereas a pullup is overhand

I've read that, but lets face it all pullups are chins and all chinups are pullups

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    wow, this is a old thread... and yes fvkers i did miss read the post...... i posted in the wrong thread....

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    pullup Tips
    Your hand position determines which back muscles are being targeted more than others. A wider grip on the bar works the lateral muscles, while a narrower grip works the middle back (trapezius).

If the standard pull-up is too difficult, try using an as sisted pull-up machine at a local gym. Follow the instructions printed on the machine most have them...

For an easier pull-up, place a chair underneath you as you do the exercise. Keep one foot on the chair and the other hanging to the side. As you raise yourself, straighten the leg that's on the chair for as sistance. Use as little as sistance from it as possible in completing the pull-up.

if you can't do pull ups very well try doing partials then keep going up more and soon you will be doing them. Also if you have someone hold your legs and you pull up its also a great way until you build up your strength.

theshiz777 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ShereKhan
    Aight Bruthas,

Do you guys have any good exe. for the lats.

I now the chins are good, but as I have not trained for 2years, and I cant do them any more (to F***** weak in my lats and bis or just to heavy

Any suggestions on how to buit up enought power to do chins

Basta luc
    My best advice I could give you, that worked very well for me is, Wide grip pull downs (grip right outside of shoulder width), also like stated above, if you have a pull up assist machine use it (set weight so it is helping you about 20%). Do this for a few weeks, then hit the chin bar. Dont concintrate on sets, just the reps. set a goal of say 10 reps for your first day. Do it in 10 sets or less. Keep 10 reps as your goal until you can hit it in 4 sets, then up it to say 20-30. once you can do 10-15 reps per set add weight.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    straps..

most people don't have the grip to pull that much weight sustained.. especially when you get to 200+ lbs..

I do it with hooks..others will say to never use straps, but i like them, they have made it possible to gain alot more size in my lats..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

theshiz777 is offline Junior Member
    Straps help, so does a spotter. either will do iff you cant do chins do to weight.

The key here is to adapt your body to the exercise. Adaptation is the key to mass, strength, and conquer everything in body building and life

Thread Information