Thread: neck exercises

Nicky B is offline Senior Member

neck exercises

Does anyone no exercises to build the neck and make it bigger and wider. Thank You.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    I heard that if you put 200lbs around your neck you should get a huge neck..j/k bro it brings back a few memories on a post a few months back...

Intelligence is offline New Member
    I know that football player use a Hammerstregth Machine.

playa4933 is offline Associate Member
    i got kind of a skinny/longer neck than the typical football player. I would also like to know how to do this. So far i just work sholders which is all i can think of as far as neck. Whats a hammerstrength machine?

Anabolica is offline Associate Member
    1: Lying Face Down Plate Neck Resistance-

Lie face down with shoulders just about even with the end of a flat bench. Place a barbell plate on the back of your head and hold it in place with your hands(I put a folded up towel on my head before doing this). Raise your head up and back in a semicircular motion as far as comfortable. Back to start position.

2:Lying Face-Up Place Neck Resistance-

Lie on your back with your shoulders just about even with the end of the bench. Place a flat barbell plate on your forehead and hold in place with your hands(i put a towel on my forehead before doing this). Raise your head in a semicircular motion as far as comfortable. Return to starting position slowly.

I have allso done this laying on my sideon the end of the bech, one hand on the floor for support and the other holding a smaller weight plate on the side of your head.

Remember to strech your neck before doing these and do them slowly and in a controlled manner.

-Anabolica

Intelligence is offline New Member
    The hammerstrength machine is basically the same thing he just mentioned. Except you do it seated and you don't have to balance anything on the back of your neck.

AG5678 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bluethunder
    I heard that if you put 200lbs around your neck you should get a huge neck..j/k bro it brings back a few memories on a post a few months back...
    yea that was great

pyschomab is offline Associate Member
    i just do bridges with wieghts on my chest like back in wrestling!!

cjp85 is offline Member
    Sounds too risky to me.

MASTER is offline "I Own You"
    just do shrugs deads n upright rows and build your traps realli big, thatll make ur neck look bigger 2

brocaster is offline New Member

neck

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky B
    Does anyone no exercises to build the neck and make it bigger and wider. Thank You.

My budy of mine who is an athletic trainer, told me he learned from Mat Fury, combat conditioning expert, that the back bridge is a very good way to build the neck. It will really strengthen the neck.
    Last edited by brocaster; 09-13-2005 at 10:40 PM.

pyschomav is offline Junior Member

Back Bridge?

back Bridge...Where you lie on your back and push up with arms and feet. Almost making the letter n. "Upsidedown pushups"?

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by pyschomav
    back Bridge...Where you lie on your back and push up with arms and feet. Almost making the letter n. "Upsidedown pushups"?
    Perform a reverse pushup, like you said and then rock back until your nose touches the mat. Fold your arms across your chest and keep your feet flat. Hold for time.

brocaster is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pyschomav

Since you are new at this exercise, do not put your arms across your chest right away, because it will really put strain on your neck. Start off first by getting into a back bridge form and then just use your hands as support instead of just your neck as support. Once your neck gets stretched enough and stronger from this back bridge phase. Then work your way to not using your hands as support, and just wrap your arms around your chest and holy sh*t you can really feel it in the neck. AWESOME WORKOUT..

Epiphany is offline Female Member
    http://abcbodybuilding.com/slideshow.php?id=16&subId=37

Scroll down to neck section...they have the ones mentioned above illustrated along with a few others...

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    The four-way neck stretch exercise by Matt Furey is my favorite neck strengthening exercise. It works your neck extensors, flexors, and lateral flexors. Get into a headstand position, with your legs bent to 90 degrees and your feet flat against the wall. Perform the lateral flexions for desired reps and then repeat with flexions/extensions. I'm currently trying to find a way to increase resistance on this exercise. Maybe a weighted vest would be the route to go .

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by pyschomab
    i just do bridges with wieghts on my chest like back in wrestling!!
    As long as your technique is good, this is an excellent exercise. I've done it myself and was not disappointed with the results (well-developed neck extensors). Check out Kurt Angle's (WWE) and Mark Kerr's (in his prime) necks; they have some of the thickest necks you'll ever see. I believe this is due to their wrestling background and the training that they performed in their art.

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    or you could be like me and buy a hammer strenghth 4 way neck. But im crazy.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicBoy1981
    or you could be like me and buy a hammer strenghth 4 way neck. But im crazy.
    How much did it cost you, bro?

Thread Information