tues - chest/bi's
    weds - legs
    thurs- rest
    fri - back
    sat- shoulders/tris
    sun - rest

chest
    4 x flat bench
    4 x inline bench (swap sometimes with dumbells)
    4 x cable crossovers

bi's
    3 x barbell curl
    3 x preacher curl
    2 x hammer curl

legs
    4 x squats
    3 x leg press
    3 x leg curl
    3 x leg extension
    4 x calf raises

Back
    4 x deadlifts
    3 x Chins
    4 x barbell rows
    2 x cable rows

shoulders
    3 x dumbell press
    3 x shoulder press
    3 x lateral raises

Tris
    4 x dips
    3 x close grip bench
    2 x cable press down

im natural and just finished rehab after an injury, so i really want to hit the gym hard.. my main weak point are arms and shoulders.
    all suggestions are real welcome

BigJames is offline Senior Member
    It looks pretty good, but I would make a couple of changes personally,

1) Add one more excersize for chest, preferably dumbbell flyes, and do them before the cable cross-overs. You can do these incline or flat...I switch it up every couple of weeks.

2) I would add some alternating or seated dumbbell curls to the bi routine in place of either the barbell curls or preacher curls from time to time.

3) Legs looks good, but I would switch the extensions and curls in order you do them. hit the extensions to finish off your quads and hit the curls to start your hams. Personnally, I would add one more set of squats and one more set of presses too.

4) Add a third set of cable rows on back day...just to fill it out. I would also switch the order of excersizes every few weeks...literally start with rows and end with deads once a month.

5) Shoulders, I would alternate the dumbbell and barbell presses from workout to workout. I like the raises, but I would def add bent over raises to hit the rear delts. Personally, I like 4 excersizes for shoulders: dumbbell press, side lateral raises, front rasies, bent over raises.

6) Tris look good, I would alternate skullcrushers in from time to time.

Lastly, I would switch this up entirely every 3 months...change some excersizes and change what parts you train together.

Good luck.

Naturallyfunny is offline New Member
    awesome thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BigJames
    It looks pretty good, but I would make a couple of changes personally,

1) Add one more excersize for chest, preferably dumbbell flyes, and do them before the cable cross-overs. You can do these incline or flat...I switch it up every couple of weeks.

2) I would add some alternating or seated dumbbell curls to the bi routine in place of either the barbell curls or preacher curls from time to time.

3) Legs looks good, but I would switch the extensions and curls in order you do them. hit the extensions to finish off your quads and hit the curls to start your hams. Personnally, I would add one more set of squats and one more set of presses too.

4) Add a third set of cable rows on back day...just to fill it out. I would also switch the order of excersizes every few weeks...literally start with rows and end with deads once a month.

5) Shoulders, I would alternate the dumbbell and barbell presses from workout to workout. I like the raises, but I would def add bent over raises to hit the rear delts. Personally, I like 4 excersizes for shoulders: dumbbell press, side lateral raises, front rasies, bent over raises.

6) Tris look good, I would alternate skullcrushers in from time to time.

Lastly, I would switch this up entirely every 3 months...change some excersizes and change what parts you train together.

Good luck.
    Good info.

brew035 is offline Associate Member
    Big james has the right idea.
    But for tris skull crushers, close grip bench, and french presses should be your main routine, well if you want them to get huge and Im sure you do so do em. Maybe change up from french presses to dips( not leaning forward but straight up)if you get bored. But for sure keep the other two as a staple for tris.

And your reps should look like for upper body this 10,8,6 failure on every set.

And for your lower body 15,12,10,8 till failure on every set.

Good luck. Hit it hard and for gods sake make sure you are eating your ass off. Read the bulking sticky and live by it. Its a life style not a hobbie.

Thread Information