mohawkman is offline Associate Member

tore rotator cuff

mri shows partial tear of rotator cuff along with burcidus recieved cortizone shot and have full range of motion with no pain however benching with eaven light weight such as 100 pounds is sensitive. any suggestions on training while it heals or to promote healing would be appreciated
    thanks
    Mohawk

jc3
    jc3 is offline Member
    My advice would be to leave the weights alone and get into an aggressive physical therapy place. I have torn my cuff 2 times in one shoulder and once in the other. It is terrible pain. I didn't take the cortisone because I believe you need to feel the pain to know if you are injuring yourself further. If you can't feel it you could really tear it up. Your doc should already have you in therapy IMO.

Good luck to you..let that shoulder rest....

JC

jc3
    jc3 is offline Member
    PS.. I tore them at work doing a heavy overhead repetetive motion. I reinjured the one shoulder by not taking enough time to let it heal...

Good luck once again....JC

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Rest and heal first priority. Continued lifting heavy on your cycle is going to hurt you in the long run because your strength may go up and you get overconfident lifting heavier.

i am in physical thearapy. how long dose this usually take to heal?

bump

Had same problem as you expect mine wasn't a partial tear it was simply...finished. Anyway, I was stupid and tried to hit the weights up real early and all it got me was my 2nd surgery... Physical therapy will be months of time even with your lesser injury. Please man you're gonna hate it, but do not touch the weights, its really not worth it. When mine was completely torn and I had to get surgery, simple bumps on a car ride would give me tremendous pain, I couldn't write, or move that arm at all for months. You'll be on your way there too if you continue to lift.

Jack Rabbit Slim is offline Associate Member
    I too have had surgery on both my shoulders due to sports injuries. After the surgery i went through about three months of physical therapy. I would take it easy and let it heal. My wife is a physical therapist and she says light exercise, ice, and time is the best thing for that type of injury. Also see if your pysical therapist will give you 5 min. of ultrasound. It is a deep heat that made my shoulders feel great. Good luck

Thread Information