How Important Is Rest?

I've got my diet pretty decent, workouts are intense, sleep is the problem now tho... how much will lack of sleep hinder my gains? i get around 3-5 hours a night rather than 8

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    U may not see it immediatly, i know with me if im tired im F@cked, but its a fact u wont gain as much, and eventually ur gonna crash n burn. I dont know ur experience with lifting or watever, but usualy people end up crashing hard. i know with me ill miss one day, then another, then wait till monday so i can start fresh, its a vicious cycle, haha dont know where this is going,b ut be careful about crashing n burning

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Honestly, I only get like 6 and I am drained and need more, especially for my size and how intense I train. However, 3-5 is pretty d*mn bad bro, all jokes aside.

Any way to remedy this?

~SC~

I mean I probably could fix it, I just end up always going out at night.....then coming home at 4 and posting on AR lol

irongryph is offline New Member
    I get around 6 hrs. during the weekdays and b/w 8 and 9 on the weekends. I have friends that kid me about sleeping late on the weekends, but heck I need it.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    It an easy problem then, either continue to go out and do whatever you do or stay at home and get the rest you need to grow and function in general.

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    I recommed 10-12 hrs of sleep a day... but im lazy..

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by El Jugo Buen0
    I mean I probably could fix it, I just end up always going out at night.....then coming home at 4 and posting on AR lol
    Ahhh, I see that you're "playing" around. I thought you were working 12 hours a day at a hectic job, had 2 jobs, had kids or some other responsibilities that were causing this to occur. When/if you really want to get serious, you can easily do so, but it's going to have to be something you WANT to do. Going out late, not sleeping, partying, etc., well, it's a never ending road w/no finish line in sight.

~SC~

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Sounds like you have your priorities backwards.

I used to get about 6-7 hours sleep last few months I got that up to 8,9 sometimes 10 hours sleep with same diet and same training intensity and made some good gains. From my experience extra sleep helps a lot.

HammerCurler is offline Associate Member
    I think it's very important when you're trying to pack on mass

Rock88 is offline Junior Member
    Atleast hours 8 for me

justin2305 is offline Senior Member
    if u want ur body to progress and are serious bout it i would stop staying out so late and get ur butt into bed at a half way decient hr lol but for sure 8hrs of sleep a night if not more

Thread Information